PDA

View Full Version : Luberisizer die & top punch

deepskyridge
04-20-2015, 10:53 AM
I have a RCBS lube a matic II, however I need to get a few dies etc. I am looking for a few pointers on selecting dies and top punches.

I did searches and could not find a thread.

Thanks
Gary

Mike67
04-20-2015, 02:07 PM
As far as dies go it of course depends on caliber. You will want to slug the barrel of the weapon(s) and want a bullet sized .001-.002 larger than groove diameter. That will help determine the sizer die you need. Top punches will depend on nose profile of the bullet you are casting. Most companies that sell casting equipment should have a top punch chart for each mold. I don't believe Lee does so you may have to inquire the membership of this forum or do an internet search. I'm sure some more experienced members will chime in if I left anything out.

largom
04-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Lyman dies will also fit your RCBS and may be cheaper.

Larry

Yodogsandman
04-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Castpics has references for top punches...

http://castpics.net/dpl/index.php/the-library/top-punch-references

cajun shooter
04-23-2015, 07:50 AM
All factory molds are listed with the proper TP's needed for that bullet. If you shoot bullets with at least a small meplat then a set of about 3 TP's will fill your needs. Tom at Accurate molds makes a set of 3 flat TP's made of aluminum that covers bullets from small to large. NOE also sells the ones that will fit the screw in Saeco style. The set is only $5 from Accurate and the Saeco style are about $6 ea. For someone who shoots bullets with this style bullet, it's the best way to cover your needs. Later David