PDA

View Full Version : Loaddata.com

gsdelong
04-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Does anyone have a subscription to Loaddata.com and if so do you use it much and is it a good value?

Thank you in advance Greg

lbaize3
04-20-2015, 10:45 AM
I have been using loaddata.com for about three years now. It gives an excellent variety of loads and provides an easy to use method for obtaining specific loads. For me, it is a good and handy resource.

jmort
04-20-2015, 10:46 AM
I have had one for years. Good value is in the eyes of the beholder. It is worth it for me. Has all the usual online manufacturer data which is not a good value, except it is in one place, but it also has Pet Loads data, and all the Handloader Magazine Data and some otherwise less accessible data. The search function allows me to pick a caliber and powder which I find most useful. Like ".30-30 Red Dot" or what ever. It has a ton of cast bullet data. So for me, I will keep it. You can join, for a year, and print/save all the data you want and then move on, but they add an incredible number of loads, all the time. Every time you log in, it tells you how many loads have been added.

gsdelong
04-20-2015, 11:06 AM
I have a supplemental question. It mentions articles, does it have a searchable database of past Handloader articles?

jmort
04-20-2015, 11:14 AM
The articles are not an archive of Handloader articles, I would pay for that, but articles that come with the subscription. So are accessible to the public, and some are for subscribers only. Some are really useful and I love it when one is for a caliber or reloading activity I am interested in. There is a drop down menu you can access without a subscription I believe. Don't get it for the articles, get it for the data. For sure you could live without a subscription, but I like it.

gsdelong
04-20-2015, 11:23 AM
I appreciate the information, I have the Magazine Subscription but I think they are missing the boat by not offering a subscription to a database of old articles even if they had to be a year or more old.

I think I will try it out for a year.

bhn22
04-20-2015, 12:27 PM
They sell them on disc, so I doubt they'll undercut their profits by simply offering them to people, regardless of circumstances.

Yeah, it's Monday. How can you tell?

jmort
04-20-2015, 12:31 PM
No one suggested the Handloader articles should be free. The DVDs are way too expensive for me, but if I had the $$$ , I would get them for sure. Love Handloader.

texassako
04-20-2015, 03:26 PM
I like having a loaddata.com subscription for load cross referencing. I also like that it has the data from their magazines and books, and you can use it as a way to hunt down back issue articles you may want to read. The only dislike is that it can be tough to dig through the large amount of data for popular cartridges. A few more search options would be helpful. There are only a few articles with the subscription.

dubber123
04-20-2015, 05:01 PM
I've had it for 5 years or so, I use it more than I thought I would.

rbertalotto
04-20-2015, 08:55 PM
use it all the time. well worth the $$