PDA

View Full Version : Garand price check

Remiel
04-19-2015, 06:51 PM
My buddy is thinking about selling his garand, it is an 11 digit Springfield that he got form the cmp years ago, appears to be refurbed and a 60's era barrel, most everything is SA except the bolt i think, has bayonet and all for it, he rarely shoots it and its been a safe queen. sock is shiny and no dents digs or abuse, what would be a good priced for him to put on it?

lefty o
04-19-2015, 07:02 PM
nowhere near enough info, but somewhere between $800-$1000 for a starting point.

country gent
04-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Seen one recently sell It was rough matching parts and seller admitted barrel was shot out bad. Stock handgaurd, front gaurd all had dings and scratches. Liner was in front gaurd and metal finish was fair. Gas cylinders finish was very thin as is normal on high use garands. It went for just over 600.00. Gentleman that bought it had a krieger barrel to go on it. Alot depends on manufacturer of the rifle, style of trigger gaurd, remaining finish, wood finish and condition, condition of bore. gas cylinders condition and accesories. Bayonet, buttstock cleaning kit, tools.

fast ronnie
04-19-2015, 07:55 PM
My wife got a CMP Garand last year. 1953 Springfield, non matching numbers, brand new stock (Boyd's, I think) Price was $700+ tax and background check etc. Final price about $900. Great condition, but CMP had to replace the barrel as it had a chamber issue. (Bad reamer, we think) This was not a match grade, but it sure is a nice piece and she is very happy with it. Match grade if I remember correctly was $1000. Those are the only two grades that were available.

lancem
04-19-2015, 10:59 PM
A quick look on gunbroker will show that $800-1000 is pretty average and a little above that isn't unusual. CMP is running out and once that happens, since no more can be re-imported back in to the states, the prices will probably continue to climb.

Remiel
04-20-2015, 05:51 PM
will try to get pics and go from there

Orlando
04-20-2015, 07:42 PM
My buddy is thinking about selling his garand, it is an 11 digit Springfield that he got form the cmp years ago, appears to be refurbed and a 60's era barrel, most everything is SA except the bolt

?????????? 11 digit, there is no such thing. Also just becuase all parts are SA dose not increse the value. They would need to be all the correct SA parts for the serial of the rifle

DCM
04-20-2015, 10:01 PM
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Remiel
04-21-2015, 06:04 PM
?????????? 11 digit, there is no such thing. Also just becuase all parts are SA dose not increse the value. They would need to be all the correct SA parts for the serial of the rifle
7digit starting with 11 sorry