PDA

View Full Version : Hornady L-N-L primer pocket swager....wow!

omgb
04-18-2015, 01:03 PM
I have used several different primer pocket swages and a couple of different reamers. All worked, some were faster i.e. Dillon 600 and RCBS Bench mounted but none were as fast as the new system from Hornady. Once set that thing smokes them all. You put a case in mouth down and pull the handle. As you go, cases pop up in an exit die. It couldn't get simpler or faster. It beats them all hands down....put it's not cheap. Unless you routinely do a lot of milspec cases or unless you really value your time, there are cheaper options available. Still, this is sheer genius in the design department. Way to go Hornady. http://www.hornady.com/store/Lock-N-Load-AP-Primer-Pocket-Swage-Tool-223-5.56-Only

ph4570
04-18-2015, 06:04 PM
If it did pistol brass as well I would likely snag one. Guess I'll continue to get by with the Dillon unit.

Rolling Stone
04-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Outstanding. That might be a good use for the older Hornady presses without the new ez eject feature. Save money and not have to breakdown your setups.

anotherred
04-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Did you mean it might not work with the older wire style eject? The new Ez eject is the one thats built into the base and is out of the way.

I like the look of this style swager. How much pressure does it take to swage the brass?

Rolling Stone
04-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Did you mean it might not work with the older wire style eject? The new Ez eject is the one thats built into the base and is out of the way.

No, I meant it should work on the older machines since it doesn't need any of the EZ stuff. If you watch the video, the brass is put into the top of the die and goes around and you take it out the top. In the shell plate there are long rods that support the inside of the case.

blikseme300
04-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Watching this thread with interest as I like what I see in the video that Hornady have on their site. The price is not out of line compared to the Dillon swage and the apparent ease of use and hourly output should be cost effective for me on my limited free time budget. I have not found this kit on any of the major online retailers websites and should just call Hornady I guess.

ph4570
04-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Here ya go -- 80 bucks at Cabellas. But not currently in stock -- "backorderable".

http://www.cabelas.com/product/HORNADY-LOCK-N-LOAD-AP-PRIMER-POCKET-SWAGE-TOOL/1957329.uts

Beebee
04-20-2015, 04:03 PM
I'll be interested to read some reviews on this.

anotherred
04-20-2015, 08:15 PM
No, I meant it should work on the older machines since it doesn't need any of the EZ stuff. If you watch the video, the brass is put into the top of the die and goes around and you take it out the top. In the shell plate there are long rods that support the inside of the case.

My bad, I see what your saying.

SeabeeMan
04-20-2015, 08:57 PM
And I just bought a super swage! I may sell it to buy this. The only issue I see is you are on the hook for $80-100 per caliber, whereas you are pretty much set at roughly $100 with the dillon.

USMC87
04-20-2015, 09:23 PM
The Hornady looks to be very promising and will put a major dent in the competition.