PDA

View Full Version : Chat Trouble

chuckbuster
04-17-2015, 07:06 AM
Have been having trouble getting in the chat room. Any one else the same or is it just me? When trying to log in a few days ago got message that "Security Certificate is Expired" or something to that effect. Have most current version of JAVA running, javascript enabled etc. OS X Yosemite, Safari Browser. I AM NOT "Mr. Technology" so not sure what I might have done...
THanx
Kevin

fishhawk
04-17-2015, 07:34 AM
Had that problem early in the week waited a couple hours tried it again got logged in and no problem since, all I can suggest is keep trying.

chuckbuster
04-17-2015, 08:02 AM
thanx Steve
That is what I have been doing, have had trouble in the past but only as you said for a couple hours, been going on for near a week now.

2wheelDuke
04-17-2015, 09:42 AM
I have been ignoring the java update for a while. I finally updated it yesterday, and now I can't get to chat.

waksupi
04-17-2015, 10:56 AM
http://java.com/en/download/help/troubleshoot_java.xml

After loading the new version, did you remove the previous version from your computer? If not, they will fight each other.

2wheelDuke
04-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Good call, Ric. I tried un-installing and re-installing Java, but it didn't help. There must be some issue between the chat and Java 8-45 for OSX.

OeldeWolf
04-22-2015, 09:06 PM
I have not been able to get into chat since I bought the new laptop. I click on chat, it asks me if the program can load an active x controller. If I say yes, it takes a minute, asks if I want to install a program from the net. {f I say yes, it says that 404.html is not recognized by windows, and was blocked. Not sure what is happening here. I am in windows 8, btw.