PDA

View Full Version : wanted, peep ladder type long range military sight?

johnson1942
04-15-2015, 07:51 PM
i have built a long range muzzle loader. .45 cal 1/18 twist. i shoot 485 grain swaged paperpatched bullets in it with a ghost ring sight on the barrel. it is a tack driver and very reliable. i have blown apart runt small pumpkins at 150 yards shot after shot. now i am looking for a miltary rife long range ladder sight that is a peep or ghost ring type in can mount on the barrel to shoot 100 yards or to a 1000 yards. i dont want to put a tang sight on it but i will if i have to. im not concerned about if it fits any contest rules as i shoot for my self and my pleasure. one of you shooters with all kinds of knowledge about military rifles must know of a surplus barrel mounted sight that would fit my bill and where i can look to find one to buy. thanks before hand, johnson 1942

Frank46
04-15-2015, 11:39 PM
The buffington sight for the trapdoor springfield may work if you are using a round rather than octagonal barrel. Adjustable for elevation and windage. Krag 1901 rear sight adjustable for w&e as well but again for a round barrel. Ross rifle rear sight adjustable w&e same limitations regarding round versus octagonal barrel. And that about taps out my knowledge regarding old time type sights. Try google for pics of the three I've mentioned and see what they look like. Frank

johnson1942
04-16-2015, 08:43 AM
thanks and the barrel is 1 inch diam round and 36 inches long and i will research them, thanks again.

thegatman
04-16-2015, 09:23 AM
pm sent