PDA

View Full Version : lost my daughter March 3, 2008

shdwlkr
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM
I am slow in letting you guys know of my lousy week last week but my mind is still only semi functioning.
Last monday night I found my 13 year old daughter who has been really failing health wise for a long time dead in her bed.
So we did all the funeral stuff and in NM a death in a home is a crime scene so we did that also.
She is much better off now that all the pain and suffering is over and we know she is in a better place and we will miss her dearly but life must go on and we are trying to pick up the pieces and move on just isn't easy yet and is more painful in some respects then we expected as we have known for a long time that she was getting sick of life and would end it if she had a chance and she found her chance last monday night.

twotrees
03-11-2008, 07:01 PM
I burried my oldest boy June 11th 1999 and it still hurts.

May God take you in his hand and give you Peace.

She there making sure there is a place reserved for you.

TwoTrees and RedFoxy

hoss-noogy
03-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I am sorry to hear that.
May God be with you and your family thru this

CT Kid
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Very sorry to hear about your loss, I can only imagine what you are feeling.
I guess things happen for reasons unknown to us.
May god give you peace.

Bret4207
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
As a father I really don't know what comfort words can provide. Cherish the good memories and hold her in your heart, try to be there for the rest of your family, know that if you need to vent or anything we're here for you. Feel free to PM me if you need to. Sometimes "talking" helps. Know that you and yours will be in my most sincere thought and prayers. Bret

HORNET
03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
You have my deepest sympathy. Losing a child has got to be one of the hardest things that it's possible to do. It WILL get better with time.

03-11-2008, 07:47 PM
The loss of a child must be the hardest thing to bear. May God grant you and your family some peace. I lost my dearest friend 7 Mar, a year ago, and it's still hard. Bless you.

MT Gianni
03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
We are with you. I can't imagine anything worse, and our son has been gone for 6 months at a time without anyone knowing where. He is better at it now but teen years are tough. Do not beat your selves up wondering what else you could have done. Love her still, miss her terribly and keep on with your life. My heart goes out to all those who have lost kids. Gianni

wiljen
03-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I can only hope to never know the pain you feel now. May God be with you and yours and know that my family's prayers are with you.

singleshotbuff
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Words cannot describe my deepest sympathy for you. My daughter is eight years old and is the best thing in my life, I could not imagine or bear losing her.

I believe it will get better, but you will never truly "get over" the loss of a child.

God be with you.

SSB

Larry Gibson
03-11-2008, 08:18 PM
God be with you and yours....my deepest sympathy. I have 5 daughters and can not even imagine what you are going through. Peace be with you.

Larry Gibson

waksupi
03-11-2008, 08:44 PM
My deepest sympathy.

TRM
03-11-2008, 08:48 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. You have our deepest sympathy, You are in our prayers. May God hold you near and comfort you.

God bless your family

Bullshop
03-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Friend, you dont know me nor I you but being a father that loves his children I too feel your pain. No other pain is worse than heart ach.
I awften think about how I would handle it if I were to loose one. The truth is I couldnt, not by myself. The good news is I wouldnt have to try. Jesus would be there to help me, and he is there to help you too. In our weekness he is made strong.
There was a time in my life that I wouldnt have cared about your loss or anyone elses either. The only love in my life and the only one I cared about was me. I had no use for anyone accept as tools to get where and what I wanted.
Then I became a father and suddenly there was something I felt was worth more than me. Someone I would without hesitation give my life to protect.
Someone told me that God gives us children so we can know how much he love us. After thinking on that for awhile I thought WOW someone loves me that much and I never knew it. I always thought I was a horrid unlovable wretch and in spite of all the evil I had done he still loves me that much.
Now that I have given my life to him he has allowed me to be filled with the holy spirate.
That spirate has changed me from what I once was to a person that can love others.
Now I can honestly say I love you brother and because I do I share your pain. I cant take it away from you but I can tell you what I know I would do if it were me. I would run to Jesus. I would wrap myself in his loveing arms and find the comfort that only he can give. I dont know what else to say accept that is what I would do, and that I am crying with you.
God bless you and yours!
BIC/Daniel

sundog
03-11-2008, 09:05 PM
We lost the eldest granddaughter a few years ago along with her unborn child. Tuck away the best memories forever. It's tough, but God does not place so great a burden on the soul that can't be carried. Sometimes it feels like it, but keep the faith, brother. Rest easy that she is now cradled in the arms of comfort.

SWIAFB
03-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I'am with you' Praise the lord ' and my familily's prayer's will be with you

JeffinNZ
03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
My thoughts are with you. I can't begin to imagine the heart break you are experiencing right now.

Ricochet
03-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you!

trickyasafox
03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
thoughts and prayers with you who have lost

Ranch Dog
03-11-2008, 10:13 PM
shdwlkr

I too am sorry about your loss.

Old Ironsights
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Ow.

And a Government "crime scene" ta boot.

Insult to injury - especially after a protracted illness.

Take care and make sure to talk to people and work it out in your head. You have friends.

RugerFan
03-11-2008, 10:19 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. As a father myself, I know your pain is great. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

1 Cor 15:20-23

Murphy
03-11-2008, 10:27 PM
My deepest condolences do you and your family. I have family and friends that have had this most hardest of things happen to them. My Gods love, and time, ease the pain of your loss.

Murphy

Nueces
03-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I hardly have the words, but I'm glad you had the words to tell us, so we can express our deepest sympathies.

Mark

carpetman
03-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Sorry about your loss.

NVcurmudgeon
03-11-2008, 11:49 PM
I lost my 23 year old son almost seven years ago. It still hurts, but as time goes by it gets easier to dwell on the good memories and less on the pain. We take comfort that we will someday see Tim in a better place. May God comfort you in the loss of your daughter. Bill and Fran.

madcaster
03-11-2008, 11:57 PM
All we can do with our grief is to lay it at the feet of JESUS CHRIST and let HIM care for us like HE wants to,both in times of grief and in times of joy.
Our prayers are with you and your family.May GOD bless you!

jdhenry
03-12-2008, 12:05 AM
My deepest condolences to you and your family.

schutzen
03-12-2008, 12:43 AM
You and your family are in my and may families prayers. May God grant you the peace and the inner strengh to remember her richly.

robertbank
03-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Our deepest sympathys go out to you and your family.
Treasure the memories.

Take care

Bob & Linda

45nut
03-12-2008, 12:52 AM
My deepest condolences to you and your family also.

obssd1958
03-12-2008, 01:05 AM
shdwlkr,

My deepest condolences to you and your family. May God's Love and Peace carry you all through.
If the tears of others could help you heal, I assure you it would be done already...

Don

Lee
03-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord, and let thy perpetual light shine upon her.
May her soul, and all the souls of the faithfully departed, thru the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Beyond this vale of tears, there is a life above.
Unmeasured by the flight of years, and all that life is love.

Words can not express my sympathies for you..............................Lee

Four Fingers of Death
03-12-2008, 01:26 AM
No one should have to bury their children. I lost my wife of 35 years last June. She was ill and in pain and her passing was a relief in that she was not suffering any longer. It is still devestating, I feel for you and I am sure she will always hold a place in your heart, as will my Kit have a fond place in my heart and in my memory. Mick.

danski26
03-12-2008, 02:02 AM
I can't imagine what you are going through.

May God speed your angel's way into heaven and may you remain always faithful to her.

dromia
03-12-2008, 02:09 AM
My thoughts are with you and your family.

You never think you will have to bury your children.

How sad.

Buckshot
03-12-2008, 03:03 AM
...............I know you'll find peace in the easing of her pain. I hope you'll find peace to fill the hole in your heart.

Rick and Donna

windrider919
03-12-2008, 04:06 AM
One of the hardest things a person will ever endure is the death of a child. And the younger the child the worse the pain, I feel. In a perfect world we would go before them and never know this awful grief but as we all know it is very much not a perfect world. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Lucky Joe
03-12-2008, 07:03 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Our deepest sympathys.

Steelbanger
03-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Sorry for your tragic loss. I'll offer up a prayer for you and your family.
Find comfort in knowing that some day you'll be together again.

bullshot
03-12-2008, 08:01 AM
May your good memories be strong to carry you through these tough times.
Deepest sympathy
Bob

trooperdan
03-12-2008, 11:48 AM
You and our family have my deepest sympathy. I shed a tear or two thinking of your pain, God bless you and yours. He holds us all in the palm of His hand

SPRINGFIELDM141972
03-12-2008, 01:39 PM
You and your family have my deepest and heartfelt sympathies. I will say a prayer for you and yours.

Kindest Regards,
Everett

9.3X62AL
03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Our deepest sympathy for you and yours at this darkest of times. In a perfect world, children preceding parents in death would not happen--that perfect world comes later, though--and your daughter precedes you there, too.

Allen and Marie Paine

StrawHat
03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Nothing I can say will help at this time.

You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts.

PM if you want to talk, shout, scream ...

God is still watching over you.

AkMike
03-12-2008, 04:13 PM
My thoughts are with you and your's. Now she is at rest and at peace.

10-x
03-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Our Condolences to you and your family. May God be with you in this trying time.

ebner glocken
03-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Sorry for the loss, prayers with.

Ebner

MGySgt
03-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Prayers from our house to yours -

Our deepest condolences to you and your family

Drew and Emily

JohnSmiles
03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
God calls His children home when He chooses, not us.
You had 13 years with her, which is small to us, but know she will be waiting for you, and God is just baby sitting awhile until Dad comes home also.
My prayers are with you.
For everything there is a time, and a reason.

Herb in Pa
03-12-2008, 09:46 PM
shdwlkr,

You have my deepest sympathy...............

"Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as though I was beside you.
I loved you so, 'twas Heaven here with you."

Bigscot
03-12-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't feel I can add much to what has already been said. I can't imagine pain you and your family are going through. I can only hope God grants you peace in knowing that she is now in an much better place.

Bigscot

tommag
03-12-2008, 10:35 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Having two daughters myself, I understand the love you have for her. I cannot begin to know the grief you must feel.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Razor
03-12-2008, 11:30 PM
I can not imagine your loss and pain..
I am truly sad for you.
You have my deepest sympathy.

Razor

jim4065
03-13-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm sorry. Don't know what else to say. Hope your family finds the strength to bear this. Sure leaves an awful hole in life.

Jim

Wicky
03-13-2008, 01:39 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss - no parent should have to out live their children.
My deepest sympathy to you and yours.

ovendoctor
03-13-2008, 08:05 PM
your family is in our prayers ,may God have his arms around your family.

Doc.

Bigjohn
03-14-2008, 12:58 AM
I am lost for the right words to say here, but you and your family have my thoughts right now.

I am sorry for your loss.

Kindest regards,
John.

dragonrider
03-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Condolences from my family to yours.

pumpguy
03-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Since my daughter was diagnosed with cancer nearly 3 years ago, I have seen WAY too many parents lose their children. It still makes me so sad for the parents. You have my deepest sympathies.

crabo
03-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Everytime I see a new post, I ask God to give you comfort. I haven't lost a child of my own, but I have lost a lot of high school students who were in my program. I also lost a wife and my dad. I know the pain. I ask God to give you grace to help you at this time.

Craig

HollandNut
03-28-2008, 10:04 PM
We went thru this in Feb 2000 , it aint easy sometimes ..

In our prayers ..

DLCTEX
03-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I lost a 6 mo. old son 40 years ago this June, still hurts. You and yours are in my prayers and thoughts. May the Lord bless and keep you until that day you are rejoined. DALE

timkelley
03-28-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm so very sorry, lost my 2nd son in Oct 2004 (He was "at least" grown, 33 years old) and it was tough. It has to be even harder to lose a young one.

flhroy
04-06-2008, 10:31 PM
shdwlkr here is a belief that helps me through times of grief I hope you'll find some comfort in it.

I think of death as a ship putting to sea. We stand on the shore with heavy hearts and watch that ship fade over the horizon. At the same time those family members and friends who have already made that journey are waving and cheering a ahearty wecome as that same ship grows larger and larger approaching that distant shore.

With All my Prayers

Roy

piwo
04-06-2008, 10:45 PM
As the father of two, I ain't got the words............

rmb721
04-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain you feel.

smokemjoe
04-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Sorry to to hear about your daughter.

rockrat
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM
As the father of a daughter, I can only glimpse a bit of what you might be feeling. Prayers for you and your family in the loss of your daughter.

hotwheelz
04-12-2008, 10:42 PM
My thought and Prayers are with you..

Lucky Joe
04-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Every time I read something like this it makes me so sad. I have a 13 year old daughter, my complete sympathies for your and your family. God bless you all at this time and in the future.

Lloyd Smale
04-15-2008, 12:49 PM
I cant think of words to say. Ill pray for you though.

m stevenson
04-15-2008, 08:55 PM
We lost our son 3 years ago, to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
He was 21 years + 1 day old.

We had lots of years to try and prepare for the inevitable, but I'm not sure how much it mattered.
It does get better, I can now, after 3 years, finally talk about Tom without getting choked up.

No parent should have to bury a child, but it happens far too often.
May God's loving hands hold you and comfort you in your time of grief.

Mark

freedom475
04-23-2008, 11:50 PM
May the lord Jesus bring you and your family peace. You are in my prayers and have my tears. God Bless You!

kingstrider
07-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I have a daughter and am very sad to hear of your loss. My wife and I lost our first child over 10 years ago. He was only 10 months old and I can only imagine how much harder it would be to lose a child after so much time has passed. I can only say that in my case, each day was a little easier but the pain has never gone away. I pray that God will be with you and your family during this time.

Echo
07-22-2008, 12:09 PM
The absolute sorriest thing a parent will do is bury their child. It goes against the natural order of things. While I haven't had the situation personally, it has happened in our family, as I'm sure has happened in most families. We have to press on...

jh45gun
07-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry for your loss I just noticed this board on the forum never noticed it before so that is why this is so late.

shdwlkr
07-27-2008, 12:05 PM
To all who have sent well wishes. Some time has passed but I still wake up and hear her feeding pump go off or her laughing because she had made a mess for us to cleanup. I still have some things to do to close out all things dealing with her but will get it done sometime.
We are looking at moving as being here in the same house she was in is just plain bad. So we are looking at moving to Idaho to be in a totally different climate etc.
Thank goodness the wife is a nurse and they need them all over for me finding work is harder as not every place wants roadwork skilled people.
Thanks again to all for caring

jimkim
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I just saw your thread. My condolences. I begin to weep just thinking about it. I hope you don't mind me saying a prayer for you, and your family. May you find a comforting place soon.

Hunter
09-10-2008, 08:22 PM
I am sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family.

jlb300
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
I cannot think of an encouraging word.
I can only shed a tear and say a prayer.
One thing I feel a man should never have to see is a tombstone of one,or any, of his children.
God send peace upon you.