PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Jr2 issue

azcoyhunter
03-11-2008, 02:17 PM
I am trying to use a Lee #11 shell holder in my RCBS Jr2 press, and it does not go easily.

All other shell holders I have work fine, and they all work in my LEE Press.

I do not want to modify my RCBS press.

Any suggestions?

Clint

sundog
03-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Whatever that is that the Lee #11 fits, get another one for the same shell by RCBS.

The Jr2 press is a dandy, eh? I've had one for years that I bought at a garage sale (early 70s) for almost nothing and it was like brand new when I got it. It now resides in my range loading box as primary duty has been given over to a RC.

xtimberman
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
My reloading tool kit contains a mishmash of various brand shell holders that came with die sets of the same mfg. I've run into the same problem occasionally. At a glance, they look identical with maybe a different finish, but they don't always just snap in place.

I have one of the RCBS bench priming devices that is particularly fussy about this - it refuses all of the older black Pacific shellholders and a few various holders of other brands. It's hit or miss.

If you pick out a few of different brands, and compare visually and with calipers, you'll see some with obvious differences that could cause this problem. It's amazing, because I considered them to be identical except for finish.

xtm

azcoyhunter
03-11-2008, 05:46 PM
I will look for a RCBS Shell Holder for 45LC.

Thanks for all the info.

Clint

cbrick
03-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Here's a list of every RCBS shellholder made if you need to see which one ya need. 45 Colt # 20

RCBS Shell Holders (http://www.lasc.us/RCBSShellHolders.htm)

Rick

shotman
03-11-2008, 06:41 PM
put a screw and a nut through the primeing hole and put in you drill hold against a grinding wheel for a second that will cut the out side down hold against side of wheel to cut bottom thinner rick