PDA

View Full Version : tikka t3 lite

2manyguns
04-10-2015, 08:18 PM
good day to all I have a tikka t3 lite in 243 winch its new non fired ,I bought it with the intention of rebarreling to a 22BR . 243 uses large primer 22BR uses small primer , so I have had Remington 700 repiped to 22BR and a common problem with them is the fireing pin spring is not strong enough to properly ignite the small primer , this is a simple fix ,install stronger spring problem goes away , what inow need to know have any of you folks ever done this kind of a change over from large primer cartridge to small on a tikka rifle ,I ask because I cannot find information as to whether there is a stronger spring available does any one know thx

polara426sh
04-11-2015, 10:09 PM
Wolff doesn't catalog anything for Tikka rifles on their site, maybe if you email them they would know if something would interchange? If you end up needing a stronger spring and aren't able to locate one, you could shim your current spring some as long as it doesn't cause the coils to bind.

snowwolfe
04-12-2015, 11:41 AM
I would change the brand of primers first and see what happens.

2manyguns
04-13-2015, 11:24 AM
I would change the brand of primers first and see what happens.

yes that is a option I generally use fed. primers I have about 14000 of them It has been suggested that I switch to cci primers and there is a good chance this will fix the problem they seem to be in short supply up here, fed we got lots