PDA

View Full Version : Contender trigger pin backing out...How to fix?

ShooterAZ
04-09-2015, 08:24 PM
The title says it all. The trigger pin shifts from right to left upon firing heavy loads. It doesn't do it with light/light caliber loads. It's really more of an annoyance than anything else, it happens after firing quite a few rounds. My concern is that it will become worse with my consistently pushing it back in. Is there an easy fix for this? Thanks for any advise.

Shooter6br
04-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Mine does also ,.Rubber grips cover the pin so it doesnt move much

e

Beerd
04-10-2015, 02:31 PM
my inner Bubba sez a small drop of Loc Tite or rubber see-ment

MT Gianni
04-10-2015, 04:08 PM
The pin could be stippled slightly to enlarge the end. I would make sure that it is only the drive edge that gets the stippling.

wonderwolf
04-10-2015, 09:28 PM
Little bit of nail polish over the ends could help prevent the drift. Other than that a larger pin, staking it in place or knurling it a tiny bit with a file is all I can think of for a fix. Of course you always want to modify the cheapest part first. Good luck.

leadman
04-10-2015, 11:11 PM
My choice is a bit of medium strength Loctite on the pin. I push the pin to the left some then put the LT in the hole and push the pin flush and let it cure overnight.

1Iron
04-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Mine does it too. I've never paid it much mind. I just push it back in every so often. The Pachmayr grip helps some.

1Iron

dragonrider
04-11-2015, 08:25 PM
I have the same problem with mine, but it moves out the right side about a 1/16" and that's it, does not move any further than that. Locktite was mentioned above and I will try that.