PDA

View Full Version : In defense of the PPQ

gpidaho
04-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Hello All: After all I've here and elsewhere of the problems some are having with the Walther PPQ I have to speak up for the only one I've ever handled. Son in law bought one and out to the range we went. We fired over 200 rounds first outing and were very impressed with the pistol for it's price range, great trigger and a good fit in my hand. I read in the forum of problems others were having I.E. throat smaller than the bore and awful leading. We had no more than flakes of lead in the bore at first cleaning but concerned, got out some fishing slip sinkers of the proper size and slugged the throat and barrel. I got measurements of .3575 throat and .356 bore, to be sure I had a shooting buddy mic the slugs without telling him my measurements and results were the same. Second outing today and fired 100+ rounds of the Lee TL356-124-R powder coated and sized .358. I tried 20 rounds each of five different powders as a test and the gun gobbled them all up without missing a beat. The usual result when cleaning after firing powder coated boolits. three or four wet patches, three or four dry and clean as a whistle. Im just at a loss as to how this PPQ can be so different than the ones that seem to be so problematic. I'm not usually the lucky one. I love the little 9. GP