PDA

View Full Version : Top Punch Question

Klaus
04-09-2015, 04:40 AM
i have bought a NOE 326471 Mould and have forgotten to order the correct Top Punch with the Mould
have you got any idea what alternative Top Punch Number i can use for this Bullet.

thx for advise

Klaus

Hickory
04-09-2015, 04:58 AM
Things will work out a lot smoother for you if you have the proper top punch.

cajun shooter
04-11-2015, 09:48 AM
Klaus, If you look on the NOE site or the Accurate mold site, they both offer a universal type of top punch for bullets that have a flat meplat type of configuration. Tom at Accurate sells a three piece universal set made of aluminum for $5 US. NOE sells the TP's that are also for bullets with at least some sort of flat meplat. They even sell the screw in Saeco type as I purchased a set of three from them for about $6 each.
You may also take a old TP and file it down to a smooth flat top or use a hot glue gun and fill up the existing nose cavity and then insert your bullet while it's still soft and allow to dry. Once it has hardened, remove the bullet and you now have a custom TP for that bullet. Good Luck David
Take care David

Klaus
04-13-2015, 05:32 AM
Klaus, If you look on the NOE site or the Accurate mold site, they both offer a universal type of top punch for bullets that have a flat meplat type of configuration. Tom at Accurate sells a three piece universal set made of aluminum for $5 US. NOE sells the TP's that are also for bullets with at least some sort of flat meplat. They even sell the screw in Saeco type as I purchased a set of three from them for about $6 each.
You may also take a old TP and file it down to a smooth flat top or use a hot glue gun and fill up the existing nose cavity and then insert your bullet while it's still soft and allow to dry. Once it has hardened, remove the bullet and you now have a custom TP for that bullet. Good Luck David
Take care David

Hi David,

i think about to make me a Customs TP regarding your advise
shipping costs are to high to germany for this little piece.
But i`ve been looking for a next to the 366 TP what can i use for the 471 Bullet from NOE may be a 9mm Luger and drill them off

have nice day

regards Klaus

Hardcast416taylor
04-13-2015, 09:05 PM
As I recall the "Perfessor" makes blank style top punches.Robert