PDA

View Full Version : It's back ...

montana_charlie
04-08-2015, 09:31 PM
BPCR(dot)net has had it's software updated, and is being actively maintained, again.

CM

Baja_Traveler
04-08-2015, 09:45 PM
I've been trying to get a login at that site for years and never got a response. Maybe I'll try again...

John Boy
04-08-2015, 10:20 PM
I had to register again - email sent and another one to follow when approved

MC One Shot
04-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Cannot log in. Shows an Error 404 page................

semtav
04-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Looks like the wyoming schuetzen Assoc hijacked it

oldred
04-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Not that it matters in the least but wasn't the Trap Door logo animated before? Just wondering if it is actually the same site.

[EDIT] Well I just checked again and it has all changed, it appears to be a totally different site.

Bent Ramrod
04-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Is there some trick to getting on the Forum? All I get is the "Error 404--This Site is Updated" blue page with a bunch of irrelevant linkages. Going to bpcr.net only gives me an obsolete Wyoming Scheutzen Union site. Could somebody post the link that works?

Thanks.

Bent

gandydancer
04-13-2015, 02:37 PM
I found them on facebook. BPCR,Black Powder Cartridge Rifle

montana_charlie
04-14-2015, 11:27 AM
I found them on facebook. BPCR,Black Powder Cartridge Rifle
Can you post a link to that Facebook page?

Don McDowell
04-14-2015, 01:03 PM
If you are on Facebook , just type BlackPowder Cartridge Rifle into the search bar. If you're not on Facebook a link won't help much.

montana_charlie
04-14-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm not on Facebook, and I don't Tweet.
If a link is of no help, then so be it.
But, I don't think it costs anything to post one ...

rfd
04-14-2015, 06:15 PM
www.facebook.com/BpcrBlackPowderCartridgeRifle

but with this opening statement, ya gotta wonder just who's behind that facebook page ...

"BPCR is for decision of any sport shooting black powder cartridge rifles and all things that go with shooting these rifles"

additionally, the www.bpcr.net site is old stuff, no explanation, and with a broken forum - going back online in that manner also makes no sense.

montana_charlie
04-14-2015, 08:14 PM
www.facebook.com/BpcrBlackPowderCartridgeRifle

but with this opening statement, ya gotta wonder just who's behind that facebook page ...

"BPCR is for decision of any sport shooting black powder cartridge rifles and all things that go with shooting these rifles"

additionally, the www.bpcr.net site is old stuff, no explanation, and with a broken forum - going back online in that manner also makes no sense.
Yeah, that Facebook page has no discernable relation to bpcr (dot)net.
It's been around for quite a while ... long before Rick Shay started the software update that has gone so wrong.

... and, thanks for the link, rfd.

CM

texasmac
05-01-2015, 08:09 AM
I’m spreading the word. The BPCR.net forum (http://www.bpcr.net/) is up and running and accepting new members. Many have tried to join in the past but were unable to due to lack of administrative response and support. The situation has now been corrected and the site is accepting new member. Come join the old and new members to discuss all aspects of black powder cartridge rifles. In the past one of the more popular features has been the Classified Ads section. See you at BPCR.net.

Wayne

montana_charlie
05-01-2015, 01:03 PM
The site has been a nice, quiet, 'backwater' location for quite a while.
As such, it was a good place to carry on a laid back, polite, informative conversation ... with minimal posturing by the stars of BPCR.

I hope the ability to accept new members does not cause that serenity to be lost ...

CM

rfd
05-01-2015, 06:36 PM
... I hope the ability to accept new members does not cause that serenity to be lost ...

CM

that's where proper forum moderation is Super Important. without that, it can easily become the wild west ...

anyhoo, seems like it's finally back in action. cool.