PDA

View Full Version : Lead Wheel weights soon to be obsolete

Dennis Eugene
03-10-2008, 09:54 PM
and what with China driveing up the cost of raw materals casting your own boolits will soon be over. So I decided out of the kindness of my heart to buy up all the boolit molds that will soon be useless to you guys. I can give you up to (depending on condition) 5 bucks apiece for them, just leave me a message right here on this thread and I'll start bailing you guys out. No need to thank me it's the least I can do. Dennis Eugene

Andy_P
03-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Sure. I have 100 here. I'll PM you and tell you where to send the $500.

madcaster
03-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Thank you Sir!WE need the help!!![smilie=1:

oneokie
03-10-2008, 10:52 PM
You picking up the tab for the shipping also?

Slowpoke
03-11-2008, 01:05 AM
I have a couple I will sell you for five bucks ea. plus shipping.

good luck

carpetman
03-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Title of thread is wheel weight soon to be obsolete----thought someone was selling ww for $5.

Ed Barrett
03-11-2008, 04:06 AM
Here in Missouri we are in the "lead belt" I know of several spots that have veins of galena (a lead ore) showing on some banks in south Missouri. If it gets that bad I can always start smelting my own. Just need me some tin and antimony and I'll be in business. Don't know if I'll be able to make enough for all of you though.

JeffinNZ
03-11-2008, 04:25 AM
With crude hitting USD107.00 a barrel they will become obsolete only as no one will be able to afford petroleum.:(

blysmelter
03-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Lead is one of the most common metals on earth, so I guess we will always be able to get some, WW however will be a thing to remember soon as the treehuggers are gonna save the planet.

Freightman
03-11-2008, 09:50 AM
You bet Al's house uses enough petroleum produced electricity to run a small town, he is an inspritation, GW house is self sustaning! who is a conservationlist? Not going to do a lot of good if gasoline is so high I have to ride my bike to the range. Wonder how far I am going to get with a rifle straped to my back, and a brace or revolvers stuck in my belt?

Typecaster
03-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Freightman, when I was a kid I used to ride my bicycle to the range with my Winchester 67 .22. Never a problem with LE, but it was back in the '60s, and it was in sheriff's territory and they saw me. I did have one guy in a pickup give me, my bike, and the .22 a ride because he was going shooting as well.

Southern California was different then.

dakotashooter2
03-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Here in Missouri we are in the "lead belt" I know of several spots that have veins of galena (a lead ore) showing on some banks in south Missouri.

I forsee that prospecting for lead may become popular!

45nut
03-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Along with every other metal not previously set as a precious metal like silver and gold.

JSnover
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Hmmm...... Maybe Range Ore isn't so difficult after all..................

HORNET
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Now, Freightman, Big Al's house is doing better. I just found an article that says that last summer, he reduced his power usage by 11% (6,890 kWh).
See http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/13/gore.home.ap/index.html
I dont know if he was at home at the time...

NVcurmudgeon
03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Of course, all enviromental wacko stories lead back to "carbon credit" Gore. He has a zinc mine under one of his houses. If he can make WW illegal, the zinc mine will reopen. (You heard it here first, I got a bulletin on the radio in my aluminum foil hat.)

RFWobbly
03-12-2008, 12:14 AM
I forsee that prospecting for lead may become popular!

You'll know it is when people start to break in to the rear of rifle ranges !!

Baron von Trollwhack
03-12-2008, 07:44 PM
You guys are all pikers! I'm buying up all those lead contaminated chinese toys and smelting them down for the lead. Plus, those toysrus places, kindergartens, some middle schools, und quite a few envirowacko groups are PAYING ME to dispose of them. LOL!!!!HA!!! BvT.

Ed Barrett
03-13-2008, 10:07 PM
You guys are all pikers! I'm buying up all those lead contaminated chinese toys and smelting them down for the lead. Plus, those toysrus places, kindergartens, some middle schools, und quite a few envirowacko groups are PAYING ME to dispose of them. LOL!!!!HA!!! BvT.

Are you sure you are not stealing them from kids, who's brains are addled from the lead?

smokemjoe
03-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Is this like gun turn in at the big cities, no questions asked , if looks like one you get 5 bucks.

Baron von Trollwhack
03-15-2008, 05:31 AM
No Ed , I wouldn't steal toys from lead-adled kids.

They have enough family problems as it is, apparently from gnawing the lead paint off the baseboards, of what were once the downtown mansions of the rich where many now live in apartments. Like in Savannah, for example.

Crack always makes lead ingestion worse too, particularly 40 S&W lead. BvT