PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Lapping

brettb75
04-06-2015, 06:32 AM
One of my newest fascinations has been with barrel lapping. I purchased the Beartooth Bullets kit and it has been absolutely wonderful. It comes with everything you need PLUS a very comprehensive book on attaining the absolute best performance from any kind of cast boolit. I ordered the kit for my 44 special flat top blackhawk and after firelapping the barrel per instructions it has been like night and day. Not that the gun was inaccurate to begin with but the difference now is amazing. With good handloads shooting from the ransom rest the gun will consistently group an inch or under, and that isn't 3 shot groups. I have shot up to 18 -24 shots that make one ragged hole at 25 yards. Again that if using the RANSOM REST and not offhand. But it is certainly no slouch shooting offhand. Anyone considering this product I can highly recommend it.

nekshot
04-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Fire lapping works! Shoot real slow and let it work. There was a chap bought a new 35 remington Marlin(in Lever thread) with a obvious tight spot in the barrel and if that was mine I would have rolled a bunch of boolets in course valve grinding compound just to see if it would make a differance in that situation. I turned some rough black powder barrels(were not cleaned and I bought the dirty gun) into shooters by lapping.