PDA

View Full Version : Navy Arms Hawkeins

trapper9260
04-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Dose anyone knows where to get a front sight and wedge that will stay in it at.It is a 50 cal. thank you

johnson1942
04-03-2015, 09:30 PM
get a calif. style blade front sight from track of the wolf and if it is to big take it down a little at a time untill it fits(the dove tail). also they have several diff types and sizes of wedges , one of them should surely fit.

trapper9260
04-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Thank you for your help

Boogieman
04-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Put a SMALL bend in your wedge , install with bend down. this will tighten up a loose wedge

johnson1942
04-09-2015, 10:16 PM
you can also wrap a little masking tape around the part that the wedge goes through or simply bend it in a little to make the barrel tighter in the barrel channel. also if you put a little paper under the barrel where the breech joins the tang it makes the barrel more up in the air at the point where the wedge goes into the wedge block. then when you pull the barrel down to be wedged it makes it tighter into the barrel channel. good shooting and have fun. i always use longer wedges that supplied by the gun maker and i always get them from track of the wolf. you can also drill a hole where they come out on the other side of the stock and put a pin in that hole or tap it and a screw and the wedge will never move and stay put. you want that wedge to be tight and never move, that is a good shooter and have fun with it.

fouronesix
04-10-2015, 09:52 AM
From the OP, I'm not entirely sure what is loose and what isn't. I'll assume the front sight is loose in the dovetail. I'd go with the recommendations about getting a front blade sight from Track (or whomever) that has the over sized base- then simply file the sight's dovetail for snug fit into barrel dovetail. File front blade down for best or desired POI elevation while shooting at the range.

As to the loose wedge. If the wedge is long enough, simple bend it down in SMALL increments. Check often for best, snug fit. By bending down, the wedge will engage the barrel tenon/staple and snug the barrel into the stock.

waksupi
04-10-2015, 10:57 AM
With a loose front sight, assuming it is a pretty close fit, I use a center punch, and lightly dimple the metal in the four points where barrel and sight meet.