PDA

View Full Version : Ammo accuracy and barrel wiggle?

PepeLapiu
04-03-2015, 03:10 PM
So I have a Mossy 590A1 18 inch cylinder bore and a Grizzly Mag 12 inch, also cylinder bore.
I noticed yesterday that both my guns, when I grab the barrel, I can wiggle it in it's seated position.

I would say the Grizzly wiggles a lot more than the Mossy. Probably a good 30 MOA of wiggle on the Mossy and at least a full degree of wiggle on the Grizzly.

Wouldn't that throw off accuracy completely?
I mean some of you appear to be able to shot onto a plate at 100 yards. That's no bigger that 12 MOA. But I can't imagine hitting anything 12 MOA size with a barrel that can throw off the shot by a good 30 to 60 MOA.

So I went to the gun shop just now. Just to see if an 870 barrel could be fitted onto my Grizzly Mag (it's an 870 copy). Good news is that it does fit. In fact it fits much better that the stock barrel with no wiggle at all. At least no perceive wiggle.

So will I have to modify my barrels or buy a new barrel to get rid of this wiggle?

I also asked tge clear to show me one of his 590's. It appears that his gun also have a wiggle in the barrel. So I know it's not me not putting on the barrel correctly.
Should I be concerned with this wiggle on both my guns?
If so, any tricks to correct this?

Hogtamer
04-03-2015, 09:55 PM
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=197756&start=0