PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Clocking ?

hylander
04-02-2015, 11:02 PM
So my new Vaquero shoots to the left, looks like I will need to get the barrel clocked to correct it.
Shoots 1.5" left at 10yds.
I tried to use it in the cast match this last Monday, but to hit the chicken I needed to I had to aim at the chicken that was 12" to the right, this was at 50yds.http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif
Anyway, What might I expect to pay a smith to clock the barrel for me ?
And since it needs to be tightened to correct the windage, is this going to cause barrel constriction ?

straightwall
04-02-2015, 11:58 PM
I believe Ruger will tweak it once for free. Give them a call. Can't hurt to try!

lefty o
04-03-2015, 12:55 AM
its fairly common for ruger single actions to have the barrel improperly indexed. they can fix it or a good gunsmith should be able to handle it for not too much.

WALLNUTT
04-03-2015, 07:10 AM
I have a Birdshead Vaquero that shot to the left until I changed the position of my finger on the trigger. I didn't htink it would work when told about finger positon but it did. You might try it before you get the barrel turned. It won't cost anything(except ammo)to try.You can also change elevation somewhat by changing grip/hold. There is a pie graph available that shows the effects of hold on POI.