PDA

View Full Version : No stickies or FAQ?

PepeLapiu
04-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Hey guys.
Looking to get into reloading slugs for my two cylinder bore shotguns. A 590A1 (18 inch barrel) and a Grizzly Mag (12 inch barrel).

Mostly for plinking fun. Might get into trap and skeet at some point (not with slugs of course, duh)

Where can I read up on it all? There is no stickies on this forum about it and no FAQ page either? I don't want to have to spam you guys with the zillion questions I have....not before I do a little more reading that is.

And how do you feel about the Lee Load-all II press? I get polarized reviews on it.

Cheers,
PepeLapiu

Hogtamer
04-02-2015, 09:26 PM
I 've loaded thousands of rounds with the load all over 35 years. Perfect for the casual shooter. As for slug loads for smoothbore, use the search function and you'll find days worth of reading. Welcome.

cpileri
04-03-2015, 07:28 AM
If I was you, Sir, i would search by user name initially, then by topic.
SOme people worth reading into, in addition to Hogtamer (above) are: turbo1889, Greg5278, longbow, bikerbeans, hubel458, SuperBlazingSabots and Vdomemorie (same guy) , jmortimer and jmort,

There are a few othewrs I know I forgot.

C-

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-03-2015, 11:00 AM
while I know just about NOTHING about loading shotgun slugs. I think you will be impressed with our website's simple search window (it is Google website driven), as long as you can find and use the correct lingo. I just did a search for "slug fit" and got a ton of posts about issues of slug/wad to barrel fit. "Sabot slug" also got a lot of results.

ALSO, I assume you have a good shotgun reloading manual, like a Lyman ?

In my searching, that I just did for you, I found this thread, seems like there are lots of good info offered up here. Let me know if it helps you, maybe I'll add it to the FAQ forum.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?236141-thinking-about-casting-for-shotguns-couple-of-question

Geezer in NH
04-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Stickies are a pain IMHO. Having to scroll past every day they loose whatever benefit they had

Garyshome
04-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Hey I like stickies!

nanuk
04-10-2015, 02:16 PM
I think you will be impressed with our website's simple search window (it is Google website driven), as long as you can find and use the correct lingo.

Wow...

that IS a much better search engine than what was around before.