PDA

View Full Version : RCE vs Dave Corbin jackets

goblism
04-01-2015, 10:07 PM
I am curious of members opinions on both of these jackets? I know that J4 and sta-moly are generally considered to be higher quality (and hence the higher price) but I am wondering if the RCE jackets hold as nice as groups as his brothers Daves (who is about twice the price)

jimrk
04-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Can't compare Richard to Dave jackets but I'm very happy with the RCE ones.

Smokin7mm
04-02-2015, 08:50 AM
I have been using Richard's jackets since he has been offering them. Very happy with them. Sub MOA groups. I used to use berger but when the price of their jackets almost exceeded the cost of Sierra MK bullets I had to find some other source. I have not priced the bergers in a couple of years now but am very satisfied with Richards jackets. Have not used Dave's jackets at all.

Bret

Wolftracker
04-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Dave's are good and I've taken elk and deer with them. I would say they are a bit tricky to work with if you don't have the right punch. The core should extend beyond the point where the jacket thickens or you need a smaller punch. I really like Richard's. They are easy to work with and very accurate. I'll try them on game this year (bonded). I like Richard's prices better as well.

MIBULLETS
04-03-2015, 06:10 PM
I n my experience using both Dave's and RCE 22 cal jackets, I much prefer the RCE ones. They seem very similar to J4 to me and they shoot very well, better than Dave's for me. I like the price too!