PDA

View Full Version : Lyman universal case trimmer

flyer1
03-31-2015, 09:12 PM
Well, I wore the bushing out that the trimmer shaft rides in. I called lyman to see about a rebuild. A very nice customer service lady answered the phone in two rings and told me to mail it back to them. They will check it out and call me with an estimate for the repair. Years ago they would rebuild it under warrenty. Lyman, she told, me no longer does that. Goes out in the mail tomorrow. The turn around is expected to be 4-10 weeks. This will be interesting. Glad I have a backup trimmer.

country gent
03-31-2015, 09:38 PM
I have rebuilt several that were converted to the power shafts and used with drill motors hanging on them. Not hard you just need to find the right bushings and appropriate reamer. The last one I fitted a grease zerk to between the bushings to get lube into bushings better. I be,ieve I would have asked for an estimate on repairs and then figured shipping to see if it was worth rebuilding or needed to be replaced

sparky508
03-31-2015, 10:06 PM
Just blew mine up too. The collets would get stuck in the necks and pulling them out would act like a slide hammer and daggers the bearing.
New wilson trimmer will be here soon.