PDA

View Full Version : Hornady ProJector or LNL AP

terryt
03-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Hi:
Would someone tell me the difference between the Hornady ProJector and LNL AP.

good bad otherwise.

Thanks,

Terry

mulespurs
03-30-2015, 09:40 PM
If the Projecter is from earlier days, as I think it is, I owned one from 1986 or so until about 5 years ago. I sold it and bought a Dillon 550. I had trouble with the auto advance part of it in particular. Mine had a small roll pin that would bend and cause grief, cause may have been operator error or phase of the moon, whatever.
I prefer to index the press by hand,I think I can feel and deal with problems better than an auto indexer.
Like the old guy said: Buy the kind you want to fix

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
03-30-2015, 11:08 PM
The projector is out of date and the company no longer makes or supports them. The AP is current production, much more reliable in general and the company supports them.

firebrick43
03-31-2015, 01:34 AM
The projector didn't have the quick change bushing. The shell plates are slightly different, and the priming system is not nearly as reliable.

Preacher Jim
03-31-2015, 12:07 PM
terry i have both, i converted my projector to use the new powder system. the secret to the primer feed is to blow the press out before you use it. i have mine set up as a dedicated 38 wadcutter unit and use my lnl for any i want to change, IE; 45 acp, 45lc or 44spl or mag. i like the presses. sold all my blue and saved money

terryt
03-31-2015, 08:55 PM
Thanks for all the info.

Terryt