PDA

View Full Version : cva optima pistol, help

johnson1942
03-30-2015, 04:00 PM
does any one make a rifle stock that will fit this pistol. like the gun but want a rear full stock on it. the cva site says their optima rife stocks dont fit the pistol. hope some one can help, thanks before hand

Mgderf
03-30-2015, 04:27 PM
No, and the reason is simple.
The pistol only has 14" barrel. I know because I have one in my safe that I hunt with.
If you put a rifle stock on this you would be "manufacturing" a short-barreled rifle which is an NFA item requiring federal paperwork and a $200 tax stamp.

On second thought, I don't know if this is accurate, since a muzzle loader is not considered a firearm by the feds.

dondiego
03-30-2015, 04:57 PM
It is not covered by that law. You can get shoulder stocks for cap and ball replicas at Cabela's.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
03-31-2015, 10:41 AM
It is not covered by that law. You can get shoulder stocks for cap and ball replicas at Cabela's.

blur the lines some more and add a conversion cylinder to your cap and ball so you can fire 45lc

Omnivore
03-31-2015, 12:46 PM
The NFA does NOT apply to muzzleloaders. There are multiple examples of short barreled rifles and short barreled shotguns in muzzleloader form for sale openly, for direct shipment. Pedersoli for example has a very short barreled double shotgun ("coach gun") plus their Howda pistol has a buttstock option, and as was said above; several of the percussion revolvers have buttstock options.

The NFA of 1934 was the first federal law in a long series of laws intended to provide the government with fire superiority against the general populace. Given the intent of the law as a counter to the second amendment, the Feds of the time were not terribly concerned about mid 19th century technology as a substantial threat to their growing power. They had belt fed machine guns, automatic rifles and submachine guns by then, after all.

johnson1942
04-01-2015, 10:16 PM
as far as a butt stock for it, i set it in my lap and looked at it untill i fugured out how to make a simple strong shoulder stock for it. also will put a 9 power scope on it. all in all i like the simple strong easy to use design of it.

Theditchman
04-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Hello Roger..I recieved everything in good order..however I have a serious problem with the rifle...It looks so good I feel guilty shooting it...lol..thanks for everything and I am saving my pennies for another one..cheers

johnson1942
04-02-2015, 10:06 AM
treat it like a baby and it is a powerful tack driver.