PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna side mount scope rings?

Wayne Smith
03-30-2015, 02:05 PM
I was looking at the Smipsons site and noticed that a lot of the 9.3's had side mount scope bases. Does anyone know what rings one of these bases takes? My attention was grabbed by another thread, and I'm intriqued. If I could use one of the rifles with a side mount my choices increase greatly. I'd pretty much have to scope one, so there is no point looking at one that does not have bases.

dbh1956
04-03-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm watching this thread too. Unfortunately I think if you want a side mount you need to buy a complete one with rings and everything. There have been several rifles on Simpsons with just the side mount base present or with the holes drilled and tapped in the side (have one of those), sure would be nice to by either part or a complete side mount -- for a reasonable price.

Maybe they're just laying around thrift stores in Sweden?

JohnMiller
04-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Really best to buy one from simpson that is complete, Only real source for them is ebay sellers out of scandinavian countries. From what i can tell the parts are not uncommon in swedish guns shops.

pietro
04-06-2015, 07:40 PM

FWIW - My Husqvarna had a G&H (Griffin & Howe) side mount base, complete with a detachable (by sliding forward) double scope ring bracket, when I bought it in 1976.

That same mount is available from G&H today........................ @ about $500 ! ! ! :shock:

DCM
04-06-2015, 10:08 PM
:holysheep

Wayne Smith
04-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Well, the question is moot. I just purchased one with "expert machining" for Weaver type bases and bases installed. I have rings and a scope. Now to come up with dies, brass, and a mold or two. Hornaday makes dies and these seem to be available. Norma brass (correctly headstamped) is available. I'm sure Tom offers a mold or two.