PDA

View Full Version : My gun Auction, this week

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-30-2015, 07:01 AM
Well, it's only 3 days out and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Last week, I was called back to work (going in today). I'll have Thursday off, of course, but Wednesday and thursday will be crazy days for me.

I hope a few of My Minnesota cast boolit friends can make it.

captaint
03-30-2015, 08:14 AM
Nice collection JonB - So, is something that will be streaming live for bidding ???

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Nice collection JonB - So, is something that will be streaming live for bidding ???

No streaming, this is a Live Auction Only. No online bidding.
Starts at 5PM CDT ...and will probably over, but for the crying, by 7:30pm.

MaryB
03-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Dang to bad I am broke, that HiPoint carbine would be fun.

Blammer
03-31-2015, 07:32 AM
I like #39 with the 79.5" barrel :D

#25 is a 30 special

typo's can make new and interesting guns quickly! :)

good luck on your venture

texaswoodworker
03-31-2015, 07:35 AM
No streaming, this is a Live Auction Only. No online bidding.
Starts at 5PM CDT ...and will probably over, but for the crying, by 7:30pm.

You have my condolences.

shooterg
03-31-2015, 08:53 AM
Wish I was a couple states closer ! Good luck.

FISH4BUGS
03-31-2015, 09:01 AM
So YOU'RE they guy that was hoarding all that stuff! No wonder we couldn't find any ammo!
Good luck on your auction. Selling my gun collection saved my butt and allowed bigger and better things more than once over my lifetime. Last time I sold a few machine guns and bought a house in the country. Hopefully that's the last time I need to do that.

jmort
03-31-2015, 10:26 AM
"I'm selling some guns, ammo, and stuff to raise some capital for a possible real estate venture"

"Selling my gun collection saved my butt and allowed bigger and better things more than once over my lifetime. Last time I sold a few machine guns and bought a house in the country."

I am sure it is bittersweet, but if it gets you what you want, that will be sweet. You always can start collecting again.

Superfly
03-31-2015, 11:51 AM
Any chance on just buying outright I am interested in the 6.5 55 swede.

M-Tecs
03-31-2015, 01:11 PM
I have been to Jon's house once. He has a very nice collection. Having been to a fair number of gun auctions some items will go to low and some will go to high so it evens out in the end. Jon I wish you the best of luck with the auction. Didn't see it until today so I don't think I can make it.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-31-2015, 01:16 PM
Any chance on just buying outright I am interested in the 6.5 55 swede.
I wish I could, but I can't, Contract has been signed weeks ago for this sale, and all sales to my friends ended the day I signed that contract.

BTW, that is a sweet, all #'s matching, 96 with an originally equiped micrometer rear site. I'm hoping it'll go near that $600 area.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-31-2015, 01:19 PM
I have been to Jon's house once. He has a very nice collection. Having been to a fair number of gun auctions some items will go to low and some will go to high so it evens out in the end. Jon I wish you the best of luck with the auction. Didn't see it until today so I don't think I can make it.
Darn, I was hoping you could make. I guess I shoulda posted in "our town" sooner.

Plate plinker
03-31-2015, 01:50 PM
To far away or I would be there looks like all nicer type firearms you should do okay.

Best of luck with your sale.

thegatman
03-31-2015, 02:31 PM
Good luck. I love auctions.

FISH4BUGS
03-31-2015, 03:03 PM
"I'm selling some guns, ammo, and stuff to raise some capital for a possible real estate venture"

"Selling my gun collection saved my butt and allowed bigger and better things more than once over my lifetime. Last time I sold a few machine guns and bought a house in the country."

I am sure it is bittersweet, but if it gets you what you want, that will be sweet. You always can start collecting again.
That's exactly what I did. over 40 years, I have amassed some nice guns....always bought quality high condition collectibles. When it comes time to sell they sell and sell high....then I start over again.
Someone once said "...you love your guns but they don't love you back". Quite true.

bear67
03-31-2015, 09:20 PM
Good luck with the sale Jon. Several things in your list catch my eye and we are traveling to Minnesota next week, but will not be there for this.

Remiel
03-31-2015, 09:24 PM
Dang to bad I am broke, that HiPoint carbine would be fun.

Im right there with you, and stuck in NY to boot

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-01-2015, 12:59 PM
The Truck is all loaded !

I had my friend's Son do most of the carrying of guns and ammo from the 2nd floor of my house to the truck. My Knee just can't handle that many stair steps under load. And I know he wants $$$ to buy gasoline and other 'stuff' that 20 year old kids who still live at home, want ...so everyone is happy.

fryboy
04-01-2015, 05:17 PM
dang ... my .222's twin ....think i'll cry with ya amigo , guns ...are our mostly silent friends ...well silent companions anyways until asked to bark that is :P and i cant speak for anyone else but each and every one i've had has a special place in my life ( yup even the ones i detested lolz )
btw the 222 twin ? mine isnt very nice looking but still shoots some kinda sweet
the only thing i can do is hope that the sale exceeds your expectations ! g'luck amigo

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Fry,
Mostly, I feel Guns are just tools. A rare few are special. Most are easily lived without and/or replaceable. BUT...the S&W Mod 1917 that's on the list was a tough decision to let go, I suspect I'll regret that one someday. I can easily say, of all the 1917's I've seen for sale (that I could afford), none were as nice.

regarding 222s, I held back my CZ527 in 222. That ole savage wasn't too bad a shootin' iron, but she had a Krunchy trigger, even after I had her apart and tried my hand at polishing the parts. Another Gem I'm keeping is the straight grip Marlin 1894S in 41 Mag.
Jon

M-Tecs
04-02-2015, 09:16 AM
Jon

Good luck with the auction. I sent the flyer to a bunch of my south metro shooting buddies.

AKtinman
04-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Good luck on the auction, today, Jon!

Sorry that I can't make it. That 1917 sure looks like a nice one.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Good luck on the auction, today, Jon!

Sorry that I can't make it. That 1917 sure looks like a nice one.
AK,
Thanks. Yep the 1917 is a nice one.
==
Well, they're are all lined up on tables and tagged.
Jon

BK7saum
04-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Best of luck to you, JonB. The two rifles that you held back are the ones that I am keeping my eyes open for in hopes of purchasing someday. So, I must congratulate you on your two keepers. I do hope that this sale does exceed your expectations

Brad

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-02-2015, 10:42 PM
As a whole, the auction was a Success !

...and I got to meet and talk to another Minnesota Boolit caster...and He took home two of my rifles. you can't beat friends like that.

kudoo
04-03-2015, 06:15 AM
As a whole, the auction was a Success !

...and I got to meet and talk to another Minnesota Boolit caster...and He took home two of my rifles. you can't beat friends like that.

Yes that was me, good auction, I think you made out OK. looking forward to seeing you soon again.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Yes that was me, good auction, I think you made out OK. looking forward to seeing you soon again.
Yep...
I hope you can work out the boolit cycling quirks of that 358. It should be a good boolit shooter after that. She's a beauty. I still wish you would have got the Swede '96.

Superfly
04-03-2015, 10:53 PM
how much did the swede go for?

bnelson06
04-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Would have loved to make it up but that timing didn't work out [emoji17]

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-03-2015, 11:20 PM
how much did the swede go for?
it went for $285

Superfly
04-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Awe man that sucked

MaryB
04-03-2015, 11:53 PM
What did the HiPoint go for out of curiosity?

Red River Rick
04-04-2015, 12:02 AM
Awe man that sucked

Jamie:

Looks like you missed out on a good deal. Too Bad! That 6.5 would have been a nice one to add.

RRR

M-Tecs
04-04-2015, 12:11 AM
I would like to know what a bunch of the items went for however it's none of my business and while I cannot speak for Jon if it was my auction that information would remain private or at least handled in a PM.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-04-2015, 12:34 PM
I would like to know what a bunch of the items went for however it's none of my business and while I cannot speak for Jon if it was my auction that information would remain private or at least handled in a PM.
Yeah, you are probably right.
I am not really a private type of person, I tend to give out information like it's water...In fact, I have run into problems with some of my local friends because I kind of talk too much. I always tell them, "Don't tell me stuff you want kept quiet" ...or at least, "be sure to tell me specifically to keep it secret."

I was considering posting the final bid of each of the 59 firearms...But I guess I won't.

I guess as far as my personal security, in regards to the advertising of this auction and the online posting of the $$$ income, the guns are all gone and the money is already in the bank.

also, MaryB, PM sent.

Superfly
04-04-2015, 02:56 PM
RRR and Jon I sure would have bought that Rifle Hence the ? of asking if he could have sold it out of auction.

MaryB
04-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Thanks Jon, wish I could have been there, would have padded that bid