PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could think that fast

roysha
03-29-2015, 01:10 PM
About a year and a half ago I introduced my Great Granddaughter Charli Mak to the forum here a few days after her birth. She has become the apple of her Pa's eye for sure!

Anyway, a couple of days ago she was playing in her room and was being very quiet. When her mother decided to check on her, she found Charli Mak sitting on the floor in a big pile of baby powder. Asking the typical mother question "What did you do?" Charli Mak immediately picked up a toy cow that was beside her, held it up to her mother and said "cow". Her mother asked her if the cow made the mess and Charli Mak responded "cow, mess". The granddaughter had to leave the room for a moment because she was ready to bust a seam laughing at her. She then told Charli Mak to go tell her Daddy what she had done. Charli Mak took the cow and went to her Daddy and told him "cow, mess".

Now folks I'm almost 73 years old and I am here to tell you I have never been able to think that fast.135355 If that would have been me, I would probably sat there and started bawling because I got caught. Oh well.

(The offending cow is standing by her left elbow.)

pworley1
03-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Smart child. Who does she get it from?

DLCTEX
03-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Aren't they fun!

Blacksmith
03-29-2015, 10:56 PM
That baby powder sure smelled better than real cow mess.

Blue2
03-30-2015, 08:14 AM
A friend of mine with a daughter of about the same age tells of his wife baking cookies and then giving his daughter two cookies to take in and share with her father. Upon racing into the room she stumbles and dropped one cookie from her hand and says "Oh dear-I just dropped YOUR cookie Daddy"

William Yanda
03-30-2015, 08:56 AM
Please be very careful cleaning up the mess. Talc in your lungs is as bad as lead poisoning.

roysha
03-30-2015, 03:10 PM
Please be very careful cleaning up the mess. Talc in your lungs is as bad as lead poisoning.

I suppose then, that my talc dusted, lubed, cast bullets in the lungs would be doubly bad.[smilie=l:

mold maker
03-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Two of my Grand Daughters did the powder thing, and when ask, they said. "Mommy look, It snowed."

Ballistics in Scotland
03-30-2015, 03:32 PM
I once had to do a diagnostic programme on two nine-year-olds who were almost incapable of speech. The little girl had suffered oxygen deprivation at birth, and was intelligent with a specific problem which is pretty well documented. But Andrew had suffered very adverse home circumstances in early childhood, a far more complex thing, which had produced general withdrawal and intellectual impairment.

I was giving him a simple test which got wrong, and he said "Damn!" I took out my packet of Polo mints, put one in my mouth, and said as if to myself "I don't think I could give one of these to a boy who said that."

"I never said it!"

"Said what, Andrew?"

"D..."

Four words in a stretch was more than anybody had ever heard from him, and then he realized that he couldn't know a word nobody had said. I gave him the packet.

wv109323
03-30-2015, 07:46 PM
A sixth grade teacher put a science question on a test to list the four seasons of the year.
One response was Gun, Bow, Muzzleloader and Antlerless.

Tenbender
03-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Smart child. Who does she get it from?

They become democrats at a young age !

leeggen
03-30-2015, 11:40 PM
So did the cow have to stand in the corner for time out? The boys bears had to and it seems the boys learned from it, " daddy the bears did it again". They are such jewels at that age.
CD

Pepe Ray
03-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Baby powder?
Which kind?
1. Talc, a rock with low abrasive measurement numbers in the Mos scale.
OR
2. Corn Starch. a vegetable based product.

READ THE LABLE

Pepe Ray

southpaw
03-31-2015, 12:13 AM
What a joy!

I remember my wife telling me (I was at work) about the time our oldest was in the bouncer (the thing you put kids in that can't stand up on their own). She was doing dishes and looked over at him and was wondering where he got ahold of chocolate. Turns out he didn't.

She pretty much took him out side and turned the hose on him. I must admit he was worth saving!

So far the worst I have had to deal with the girls have been painted finger and toe nails. Maybe a couple ribbons and bows here and there.

I can wait for grand and great grand kids, but I am looking forward to it!

Jerry Jr.

Cowboy_Dan
03-31-2015, 11:27 AM
This reminds me of a story about a gorilla (I think it was Coco). The gorilla had a toy kitchen and a pet kitten in her zoo enclosure. One day she smashed the kitchen in a fit of anger. A while later when her handler asked her (she knew how to sign) why she broke her kitchen, she said that the kitten did it.

ole 5 hole group
03-31-2015, 12:20 PM
They do think fast on their feet. When my grandson balked at eating his lunch - I told him he had only 2-choices, the first was to completely eat his lunch and the second choice was he would get a couple of good swats and spend a couple hours in his room. He just looked up at me and said " grandpa, I don't like either of those choices". He was only 5 and I split a gut laughing and then we made a deal - he could eat half the prepared lunch and then we would go to the dairy queen and he could get whatever he wanted - actually that was a better deal for me as I love banna splits.

Blacksmith
03-31-2015, 04:04 PM
Grand kids are great spoil them rotten then send them home! Johnny you want ice cream for breakfast? OK what flavor?

w5pv
03-31-2015, 04:56 PM
Spoil them rotten when up have them and then send them home on a sugar high.

shooterg
03-31-2015, 05:01 PM
Cow mess ? Maybe her cow renders powdered milk !

Ballistics in Scotland
04-02-2015, 01:46 PM
The Scottish plain loaf is surely the best bread in the world, but it has hard black crusts top and bottom, which kids don't like. But I wanted to have black hair, and my mother told me that if I always ate the crusts, that might do it. More than sixty years later, I think the chance has passed me by. Children are primitives at heart, so they admire guile more than strength.

JeffinNZ
04-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Did the cow get grounded?

Rally
04-03-2015, 03:42 AM
I was working in my shop one day about 17 years ago. My youngest son, then about 4, came in the shop, wearing one of my old hunting hats, a pair of green shorts, and a pair of rubber knee boots. He had his popgun in one hand and an old dipnet I'd given him in the other hand. In a real low whisper he asked me "Dad, did you see the cat."
I get quite a giggle out of that every time I think about it.

Fishman
04-03-2015, 03:05 PM
I was working in my shop one day about 17 years ago. My youngest son, then about 4, came in the shop, wearing one of my old hunting hats, a pair of green shorts, and a pair of rubber knee boots. He had his popgun in one hand and an old dipnet I'd given him in the other hand. In a real low whisper he asked me "Dad, did you see the cat."
I get quite a giggle out of that every time I think about it.

Great story!

Nicholas
04-03-2015, 07:01 PM
How about that first unassisted meal with spaghetti, or that first birthday cake?