PDA

View Full Version : 8mm Mauser barrel markings

Jonnytoobad
03-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Hey everyone I recently aquired an stripped mauser barrel that I can identify. It is 23 1/5" long from chamber face to muzzle. It has an 8mm chamber and only 2 steps. A short one at the chamber, a mid length one where the rear sigh was ( you can see traces of solder where it was) And then the rest of the barrel is all one step that has a nice gently taper down to the muzzle (there is also traces of solder there were the front site was) the end of the barrel has a normal military crown and hasn't been altered.

On the back of the barrel near the chamber area there are an enormous amounts of markings. Many of them are letters. There is a huge G that much larger than all the capitol letters. As well as I, H, D,D,Y, Z, a small C that is underlined. #, * , there is also a Greek alphabet Omega symbol. There is a N in a double oval (assuming Nitro proof) On the barrel shank is a 5. There is a small symbol that looks like a stick figure of a man, and there are also some other characters that I can't describe.

Does anyone know what kind of mauser this came off?

Thanks
Jonnytoobad