PDA

View Full Version : Shipping brass

3band53
03-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Hey guys,
is it legal to ship primed brass, not really sure if I can or should do this. Let me know what you think.
Frank

flyingmonkey35
03-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Yes and no

Primed brass is a haz mat. So haz mat fees apply.

texassako
03-28-2015, 11:04 AM
Primed brass is not hazmat, but cannot be shipped through the usps. It ships like ammo with an orm-d tag and through ups or fedex.

obssd1958
03-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Confusion on this issue abounds!!

Follow this link to M-Tecs post #7 - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?267465-Primed-cases&highlight=usps+primed

Hopefully it will help you figure it out!

Don

3band53
03-28-2015, 11:09 AM
What is the cost to ship via UPS is it economical.
Frank

texaswoodworker
03-28-2015, 11:21 AM
What is the cost to ship via UPS is it economical.
Frank

Depends on how much you have. I took some to a hub and the manager there outright refused to ship because it was "against the rules: for her to do so. I followed the direction on the USPS website exactly, and told her about it, and she still refused. I took it to Fedex and it was like $10 or so to ship 50 rounds of 45 ACP. Too bad it didn't make it. A Fedex employee apparently stole it.

Three things to take from this.

1. Find a hub that has people who know their own rules.

2. Buy insurance.

3. Shipping ammo is a PITA.

lightman
03-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Primers and loaded ammo are on the USPS no no list. Other shippers will ship them for an additional fee. I agree, its a PITA!

DCM
03-28-2015, 01:03 PM
IMO ship it oops or fed up no Haz -mat. , if one orders primed brass from one of the big stores that is how they do it.
As mentioned in a different thread it is best to print out a shipping label ahead of time and keep the actual contents private as the folks at various locations don't know the real answers and get too excited over these matters.
I would however forget about USPS on this one to avoid problems.

dakotashooter2
03-29-2015, 08:06 PM
If they say no, stand there and make them look up the regs and show them to you........Make a big fuss.........and don't leave till you are satisfied.....be as disruptive to service as you can be.......

MaryB
03-29-2015, 10:15 PM
Take a printout of the UPS ammo shipping rules with you to the hub! I did and when he said we can't ship this I got out the paper saying yes you can. His boss hates guns and told them all that no guns or ammo can be shipped.