PDA

View Full Version : Need a top punch

punk427
03-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Ive been loading cast for years and just getting started into casting my own. I have a new 067 saeco 45 225gr tcbb on the way and a 452 sizer, but I need a top punch and haven't been having very much luck. As im sure you know saeco products are big money...I would like to buy a lyman top punch for this mold but haven't been able to find any cross refrence. Anyone have any idea?

waco
03-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Go to the accurate molds website. He sells flat nose top punches for a very reasonable price. They work great and will fit your Lyman or RCBS lube sizer. Much better than trying to find one that is the right shape.
Waco

Yodogsandman
03-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Flat top try a #421, RN try a #374

cajun shooter
03-29-2015, 10:21 AM
What brand of sizer/luber do you have? If it's a RCBS or Lyman then Accurate molds has a good set of three TP's that will pretty much cover all the bullets for only $5 for the set of three. As long as your bullet has some size of a flat meplat these tp's will work. They are made from aluminum and will last forever if taken care of.
If the bullet you are casting has a rounded or pointed nose then you may make a custom tp with a glue gun. You may purchase a glue gun for $5 from Hobby Lobby or Michaels craft stores. Just use any tp you have at present and fill the nose with hot glue. Then very quickly while the glue is still hot insert the bullet into it. After it dries, remove the bullet and you now have a custom made TP for that bullet.
If you have a Saeco lube/sizer then go to NOE Molds site and they sell aluminum TP's for the Saeco press for $6 ea. Later David