PDA

View Full Version : another wolf primer post

Lloyd Smale
03-08-2008, 07:24 PM
but this one with a little bit of good news. I ran 45acps today with the std pistol and mag pistol using pr200 which is aa2 and they actually did fair. I had extream spreads of between 12 and 50 depending on the load. Seemed like more bullet weight did better so im sure the extra pressure was helping. Best at 12 was the 225 seaco rn and 4.8 grains with the std primer. Mag primers added about 30 fps to the speeds so well they are definately hotter there not much hotter. this is by far the best they did in testing. I can almost live with a spread of 50 fps when shooting 45s as there rarely shot over 25 yards and i doubt that differnce would show. Sorry guys but it was to cold to put them on paper so i dont have a clue what the accuracy was. Shot them out of the buddys new tarus 1911. He picked it up for 500 bucks new and wasnt expecting much for the money but it really is a pretty nice gun. Seems to be well fit for a gun twice the price. Hes put about 2000 rounds through it in the last couple weeks and it burped just once and that was today on one of my round noses that somehow didnt get seated deap enough. It fed it but the slide wouldnt go into battery.

dromia
03-09-2008, 04:52 AM
Who makes the Wolf primers?

I'm using some Russian LR primers at the moment and they are pretty decent and very cheap. :-D

NuJudge
03-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Murom in Russia. They also made the PMC primers that were available here in the US for awhile.

CDD

dromia
03-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Murom, yes that's what I have just checked the box KVB -7.

Gussy over at Cabine Tree has a primer test he did posted over there: http://www.castingstuff.com/primer_testing_reference.htm

The Russian ones came out quiet well although he does say it was a limited sample.

LAH
03-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Sounding better Lloyd...............Creeker

38 Super Auto
03-21-2008, 12:44 PM
I have shot a couple of hundred of the Wolf small pistol primers. I got good accuracy and have had no issues. I got mine from Powder Valley