PDA

View Full Version : High Standard 45APC?

NSP64
03-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I didn't know HS was still in business. Has anyone shot one? looks to be plain jane 1911a1 parkerized.

Scrounger
03-08-2008, 07:36 PM
High Standard went out of business 40 years ago. or close to it... Last I heard the infamous Mitchell of Mitchell's Mausers had bought (?) taken over (?) their designs and was making some of them. I won't get into the story but Mitchell is a Nazi in every way and doesn't deserve to live. I'd stop breathing if it would hurt him...

NSP64
03-08-2008, 08:00 PM
High Standard went out of business 40 years ago. or close to it... Last I heard the infamous Mitchell of Mitchell's Mausers had bought (?) taken over (?) their designs and was making some of them. I won't get into the story but Mitchell is a Nazi in every way and doesn't deserve to live. I'd stop breathing if it would hurt him...

Allrighty then:confused:

broomhandle
03-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Sir,

The Hi Standard 22 pistols made in TX are total CRAP!

There is a reason no one carrys Hi- Standard anymore. (STINKS)

I talked to the owner twice at Shot shows He is a LIEING DOG!

He has had a pal's CUSTOM 22 for over three years, will not give him a new gun or the cash back!

The "Custom"pistol my pal waited 15 months for has NEVER fired a full mag in the HAND FITTED pistol!

People walk by the booth like it is not there!

Best to you,
broom

Dale53
03-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Scrounger why don't you tell us what you really think:mrgreen::mrgreen:.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to remember to NEVER deal with that "gentleman".

Dale53

9.3X62AL
03-09-2008, 05:20 AM
I agree with Dale, Art. Don't hold back like that--it's bad for you.

Bret4207
03-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Arts always had a problem putting his emotions into words.:roll:

Broomhandle- Your friend needs to contact an Attorney ASAP! 3 years isn't warranty work, 3 years is THEFT.

broomhandle
03-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi Bret,

I saw him about six months ago. He said he had the local Texas police, USPO inspectors and his state police working on it.
He is not the only one of many caught in this affair.
The company lawyer said the original warennte was over, but they have had the pistol back and forth three or four times! :roll:
They will fix it when they have time! JOKE!:(

I teach bacic pistol at two shooting ranges for five years. I have seen ONE Hi-Standard 45 and that one was jamming.:-?

I think the other poster would have better luck with a Rock Island Armory pistol ot a entry level Springfield.
Please get the model with the better sights. If your a older guy the original military sights are a challange to see well.

Best to all,:drinks:
broom

NSP64
03-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Weeeell, like it or not I plunked 3 benjamins down and walked away with it. Bought some reloads (FMJ) and took it to the range. Informal two hands with crude GI sights, I was able to keep them minute-of-man at 100 yrds:drinks:

xtimberman
03-18-2008, 09:42 AM
I think that you're gonna like your new 1911. One of my shooting friends has one and we've compared his to my plain S'field - and we both agree that a little more attention to fit and finish has been applied to the HS. I hope yours turns out to be just as accurate and reliable as his.

Three bills is a good buy for a like-new used one - great buy for a new one, IMO.

I know nothing about the Mitchell problems, but if I wanted to, I could come up with a long list of objections to various companies' third-world factories. As another example, look at S&W and where they're located. That state doesn't deserve to be the location for S&W headquarters. I still love S&Ws - with or without the lock.

xtm