PDA

View Full Version : Identity of the Williamses

Ballistics in Scotland
03-24-2015, 03:38 PM
I have three favourite books on lever Winchesters. Thecollector needs ‘The Winchester Book’ by George Madis, and thecorporate history researcher “The Winchester Book” by Harold F. Williamson. But for theshooter of lever Winchesters from the 86 onward, there is nothing to comparewith ‘The Winchester Lever Legacy’, by Clyde ‘Snooky’ Williamson. Behind its folksy exterior lurks as painstaking and well documented programme of testing as I have ever seen from a private individual.

But does anybody know if the two Williamsons were father and son, or otherwise related?

johnwayne
03-04-2019, 06:28 AM
i realize this is a very old thread, so my apologies to the admins. I am a son of the late Clyde Williamson. To the best of my knowledge, we are not related to Harold Williamson. However my dad knew George Madis personally, to what extent I am unsure - I was just a kid at the time. Thanks for your compliments toward my dad's work.

nekshot
03-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forum johnwayne! I hope your into shooting and can be a part of us lever lovers, or what ever you interests are.

JBinMN
03-04-2019, 09:01 AM
Welcome to CB.GL forum!
:)

It was good of you to join the forum in order to reply to this topic! Thank you for that! It is not a bad thing to re-open an old topic , particularly when someone has new information to share!

If you were wondering about it, the lack of responses to the query that is the subject of the topic, likely indicates that there was no one that could answer the question posed, and as well, likely it was not due to lack of interest. Your posting with your reply certainly helped to answer the question with your being a relation to one of the primary authors involved. Thanks again!

The Original Poster of this topic, Ballistics in Scotland, has not been on the forum since mid January 2019, and since that was the case, I just sent him an email to notify him of your post, just in case his settings for the forum do not include an email notification of new posts to his topics. So, perhaps he will read that email I sent to him, and respond, or respond to a notification from here about your post.

I decided to email first & then post here to tell you, so you would not think that your efforts to join & post here were in vain.

I hope you take the time to stay, and perhaps look around the CB.GL forum a bit more, since you have now joined! It is quite a place with a lot of great folks & a wealth of knowledge on many subjects!

I do have one question for you if you decide to respond here again, and that is,

"Since I am curious about how you actually came across, or found this particular topic & question, & would you please share how that happened"

Well, once again, "Welcome!", and Thanks again for your reply here!

Nueces
03-04-2019, 11:10 AM
Howdy, johnwayne, nice to have you on the forum. I met your Dad and bought his book at a Houston gun show in early 1991. Wonderful conversation and extra wonderful book. For all things Winchester lever gun, it's right up there with Keith's Sixguns for revolvers. I remember therein a photo of you holding a 92 in 32-20, I believe, on a night coon hunt with quite a crowd of lever gunners.

skeettx
03-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Hello johnwayne
You are most welcome here
Thank you for the post
Mike

.45colt
03-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Hello ,johnwayne, I have Your Dads Book , and it's a treasure of information . anyone serious about LEVERGUNS should own a copy. Thank You for posting.

veeman
03-04-2019, 05:28 PM
The Big Blue Book is an awesome read. I love the one liners, like "Dead before God got the news". He was fortunate to have access to all those wonderful Winchesters that most of us only dream about.

woodbutcher
03-04-2019, 08:25 PM
:D Hi JohnWayne.Welcome aboard Sir.Thanks for posting.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo