PDA

View Full Version : Pederesoli Pennsylvania .32 caliber flinlock

repawn
03-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Hi all,

I recently found a Pedersoli .32 caliber flintlock - pretty sure it is the Pennsylvania model (no patch box) but very long 56"-58"

It is used and they are asking $400 for it. Outside of ensuring the bore is good - what else should I be looking for and is $400 a fair price?

Thanks

plesant3
03-23-2015, 03:32 PM
If it's in good shape, grab it! Pedersoli's principal distributor in the US, Flintlocks, Etc. (http://www.flintlocksetc.com/specials_rifles.htm) lists this model as $925 msrp, sale special $825, so about half that for a good used one would be about right as a good deal.

I just bought the maple-stocked Frontier Deluxe in .32 flint from them last year. It's gorgeous! Wish I could have found one of them for $400!!!

Bud

ejcrist
03-23-2015, 06:11 PM
I have the Kentucky version. I bout it about a dozen years ago and it was around $600 back then. I love mine so I'd say get it. Besides bore I'd check the vent liner (unclogged and removable bushing), lock timing and functionality, and trigger. That's about all there is to check. Anything wrong with the stock is repairable.

Leslie Sapp
03-23-2015, 06:47 PM
For 400? I'd be in the backyard shooting it, right now!

Just where did you say it was at, now?:bigsmyl2:

koger
03-23-2015, 07:22 PM
Go to a Bass Pro or tackle shop, get a small bobber light, they pull on, about 17 caliber, and drop down the barrel to see what it looks like. They cost about $5.

repawn
03-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the advice - the rifle is located in Wisconsin if anyone is interested - I need to sell a center fire rifle in order to purchase it - seeing as I am moving over to almost all BP firearms that shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately I won't be able to stop at the shop for a few weeks - though it was literally hanging on the wall and looked like it had been there some time - so there is a good chance it will still be there.

repawn
03-27-2015, 06:43 PM
Quick update on the .32 caliber. I was able to take a better look at it today - it is in good well used condition - not worn out at all - just used. The suggestion of the bobber light from Koger paid off - that is a tiny bore and it is almost 4 feet long - without that little light I wouldn't have been able to see anything. The double set trigger felt great, Frizzen looked good and the spring was solid. There is a little of browning at the muzzle gone were someone cleaning the bore must have dripped - but that is the only thing I cold see wrong with it.

Here is a pic of it at the shop:

It is a Pederesoli .32 caliber, comes with a few boxes of round ball, some patches, a lee RB mold, a block loader, short starter, extra flints, and some other extras.

I am picking it up next week.

mooman76
03-27-2015, 08:31 PM
You have to be careful what you use to clean with. Someone recommended Windex to clean with and I thought I would give it a try. I couldn't find it at the time and found a bathroom cleaner that was all natural and thought it would work just as well. Bluing or browning is essentially rust and the stuff I used removes rust. It dripped down the side and removed the brown just that quick. It wasn't in perfect shape to start with but was still in pretty good shape until that. Live and learn.

GoodOlBoy
03-28-2015, 04:48 AM
repawn I am curious as to what the pistol hanging under it is? Any ideas?

GoodOlBoy

Beagle333
03-28-2015, 08:01 AM
That sure is a good find and will be a fun rifle! $400 sounds like a fine price on it too! That's a high dollar rifle normally. 8-)

repawn
03-28-2015, 08:15 PM
repawn I am curious as to what the pistol hanging under it is? Any ideas?

GoodOlBoy

I will find out when I go back - if I had to guess - a Pedersoli Philadelphia 45 derringer.

repawn
03-31-2015, 04:12 PM
Picked up the gun today at lunch - will post pics soon. The derringer next to it was just a display model - not functional at all. It is missing the rear sight elevator but other than that is complete.