PDA

View Full Version : ERGONOMIC RELOADING HAND TOOLS: Lyman Universal Case Prep Accessory Set

michiganmike
03-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Why is it possible to choose from several ergonomic potato peelers, or can openers, but it is hard to find ergonomic reloading hand tools. I am 66 in April and have osteoarthritis in both hands. The little tools that were once no problem now are. It has been increasingly difficult to clean primer pockets, etc with the tools I have.

I bought the Lyman Universal Case Prep Accessory Set a couple weeks ago and had my first chance to put it to the test today. I had about 150 7mm-08 rounds to process. If you have the same problem, the Lyman set is a big step in the right direction. While the handles could be a little larger, they are a big improvement, the material is rather soft and easy to grip. And each tool I used performed its job well.

Since I am not about to pay $200+ for an electric case prep station, the Lyman tools are a most welcome addition to my reloading tool drawer.

MichiganMike

mongoose33
03-24-2015, 07:26 AM
The tool that surprised me was the RCBS Bench Priming Tool. I have the handheld RCBS priming tool but it's tiring to use. The Bench version is a dream. I can feel the primer entering the pocket and it's not painful at all or tiring to seat that primer. You have to let the handle go over the end of the bench so it can reach its full throw, but that's it.

It takes a minute to get a rhythm with it--you have to press the handle down to swing the primer tube over the seater and deposit a single primer, then back it off, insert a case, then press down again on the handle to seat the primer. Once I get going it's about as fast as the hand primer, and much more comfortable to use.