PDA

View Full Version : New Colt

bigarm
03-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Been thinking a little about getting a revolver for competition shooting. Went to Missoula today for something else and decided to stop in at a local gun store to browse. Since I have been thinking about a revolver for competition I was looking at the handguns. Sitting there in the case was a new Colt Delta Elite. It looked so lonely that I had to take it home. Guess I won't be buying that revolver anytime soon!

Silver Jack Hammer
03-21-2015, 11:54 AM
I'll bet the it was too darn clean when you brought home, fix that! Get the Colt out of the stable and out on the range! And keep us posted on how it goes, we'll be living vicariously through your range reports.

What loads are you looking at trying? Have got any brass? Powder? Pics? What sights does it have?

bigarm
03-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Will test it out today as I have some factory loads. I haven't checked for loads yet, but will use my cast and powder coated 200 grain bullet I use for my 40. Have a lot of CFE Pistol so will look for loads with that. I have dies, but want to buy another set as I use my 40 for USPSA and 3 Gun so would like to keep them set up to load that and get some more Dillons to do the 10 mm so I don't have to mess with changing them. Sights are just standard 3 dot, not great, but okay. Will ask the wife to take pictures.

Clay M
03-22-2015, 09:31 PM
I have the Colt Gold Cup Delta Elite. It is extremely accurate.Mine is an older model so I don't shoot heavy loads in it..They are very nice pistols but the older ones are somewhat fragile.They will hold up fine ,just so you understand that.
Colt changed the design of the fame around 89 or 90..You may want to check that..

w5pv
03-23-2015, 09:09 AM
I never hot rod,most of my loads the starting loads in the manuals are my maxium loads.So far everthing I have shot fell just as dead as a hotter load.Bullet placement is the secert.Well placed shots will do the job.

Clay M
03-23-2015, 10:04 AM
I never hot rod,most of my loads the starting loads in the manuals are my maxium loads.So far everthing I have shot fell just as dead as a hotter load.Bullet placement is the secert.Well placed shots will do the job.

You have the right approach.. They are excellent guns.. I really like mine..
Hope you enjoy it..
I think the people that cracked the frames on the early ones were using the really hot Bren Ten type loads..
I believe that normal loads found in most reloading manuals work fine..
I just try not to hot rod mine because It may not hold up to that ..