PDA

View Full Version : got a new member of the pack today

nagantguy
03-20-2015, 07:34 PM
134593. We lost both our four legged pack members last year. It was time, the pack was weaker without them. This girl Roxy was found near starved to death, she weights 65 now 4 month ago she weighed 20, which is basicly her skeletal weight. Some other critter had chewed her ear up. She's a fighter, never quit! Walked into a families yard and collasped. They fed her milk for days and got her strong again, couldn't keep her as they had three other dogs. She's been here 5 days now and is just starting to get that no one will hurt her and she will always have plenty to eat!!!!! Last night she ate a pound of butter! Grabbed it off the counter and gone....then cowered and whined and we just left her be when she came out from behind the chair she wanted love, she got it, today she went for the trash, I said NO...she hasn't touched it since she gets it, we had a knock at the door and she let out a deep loud bark, good girl. Everyone that lives here has a job to do and must contribute.... She will. Just wanted you guys to know the pack is getting back to.strength!

pworley1
03-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Lucky girl.

snuffy
03-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Good on you for being a dog rescue person. I'm sure she will reward you with years of love and companionship.

My last 2 dogs were rescues. Ziggy the springer was destined for the kill shelter when the guy I got him from intervened until he could find a home for him. He was my pal and bunny dog for 10 years before he got so lame he couldn't do the steps anymore.

Arrow my present GR was ignored! Just given food and a roof over his head but no love. He bonded with me in 2 days! A more loving dog I've never seen.

VintageRifle
03-21-2015, 08:07 AM
Looks like she has found a good home. Let's us know if she figures out how to open the jars of canned food.

JonnyReb
03-21-2015, 08:31 AM
Thats awesome she's found such a good home, folks like you are the best!
Wonder what kinda mix Roxy is?

My "pack" has run from 5-9 dogs over the last 20 years, sounds crazy (and may be) but i can't imagine not taking in what the good Lord sends us. Losing one is hard as they are family but darned if another one doesn't alway show up in need of a home and a place to know is their own.

lbaize3
03-21-2015, 12:22 PM
Anyone that likes dogs is my kinda person.....
Of course I like cat people, too.

nagantguy
03-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Looks like she has found a good home. Let's us know if she figures out how to open the jars of canned food.
Hope she never learns to open the canned food; lots of it is canned meat, we live off what the garden the woods and the pond give us, eat it fresh eat it frozen eat it canned eat it pickled eat it smoked or salt cured., we have our grocery bill down to right around $200 a month, that's for milk toothpaste, fresh fruit in winter, butter and other perishables. Some splurge items like sweets and sugar but 60-70% of what we eat we grow kill or make, like suryp. Now I need a new hunting dog, lost Elli may in June to a stroke, she was 11 healthy till the last day it was a blessing she went fast. Great bird dog! Now that we have property we have to be carful or my beautiful young wife would take in every dog in the state and never find other homes for them.

JonnyReb
03-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Anyone that likes dogs is my kinda person.....
Of course I like cat people, too.

X2 :drinks:

JonnyReb
03-21-2015, 05:22 PM
we live off what the garden the woods and the pound give us .

:shock:

Lefty Red
03-21-2015, 06:18 PM
Awesome! Last Shepard Mix I had was a rescue. Its hard to get one living in an apartment, but I am on the list.
Says something about a person that is kind to animals and kids. I give them a pass on being an *** to adults! LOL
Jerry

MaryB
03-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Just cats right now, Tigger I raised form a kitten, Oreo was headed for a kill shelter until I took him in and gave him the love he needed. Now he is my bed cuddler. I want a dog a again but back needs work before I can do that.

dilly
03-21-2015, 10:01 PM
we live off what the garden the woods and the pound give us

What does the pound give you to live off?

BrassMagnet
03-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Rescue dogs are the best!
They appreciate a good home.

nagantguy
03-22-2015, 08:28 AM
What does the pound give you to live off?

That should have said pond, I'll fix it it in op.

Bad Water Bill
03-22-2015, 03:34 PM
My mothers rescue dog after a lomg life was found dead of a heart attack one mourning,mom was 90 at that time.

I found a schnoodle at a shelter.

Took mom over the next day to see the dog.

The moment she saw my mom she jumped uo on mom's lap and buried her head on mom's shoulder and snuggled against mom's neck.

Every time mom sat in her rocker that is where you would find the dog.

She was laying beside mom's bed the day mom left us.

Money can not buy that kind of love and affection yet someone had dumped the poor dog out on the street.

dilly
03-22-2015, 04:51 PM
I was afraid you were living off canned dog meat or something super creepy.

I knew there was a misunderstanding in there somewhere.

bbs70
03-22-2015, 08:03 PM
We have 4 pound doggies.
2 Huskys, 1 mutt, 1 shih Tzu.
The shih Tzu was to be put to sleep because she didn't have any eyes and nobody wanted her.
Couldn't take that so wife & I took her.
Cute , cuddly & lovable and did I mention FAT.
The shih tzu , NOT MY WIFE