PDA

View Full Version : Redding Reloading Equipment customer service Rocks!

Rhou45
03-19-2015, 09:30 PM
I had been searching the local guns stores for another seating plug for my Redding 45 Colt / 454 Casull dies. The seating plug that came with the dies is a SWC plug. When I reload round nose bullets, the SWC seater plug leaves the dreaded circular cut on the top of the bullet. This issue is more cosmetic than anything else, but I wanted to correct it.

Anyhow, my search locally for a new seater plug failed, so I emailed Redding asking if I could order one online from them. The response was they would drop one in the mail.

It arrived today (4 business days from the email), with an invoice that stated no charge. I really appreciative when I find a company that really takes customer service to heart. It is becoming a rare quality in this day and age. Redding just earned some brand loyalty/respect from this guy.

Thank you Redding,
Ralph

xvigauge
03-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Redding dies are just about the best you can buy. I would think their customer service would equal the quality of their products.
xvigauge

SteveS
03-21-2015, 09:36 AM
I bought a Redding/Saeco lubrisizer about twenty five years ago. This year I mangled the pressure gasket after cleaning the machine up. I called Redding to buy another one and customer service said no, they would just send one out.

Gasket plus shipping. Arrived in three days. No charge.

I don't expect free stuff, especially when I caused the problem. It's a nice thing that they do for their customers.

DR Owl Creek
03-21-2015, 11:33 AM
I have some Redding dies and other equipment, but I've never had to call their customer service so far. About a year or so ago, however, I bought some slightly used reloading equipment. One of the items in the box was an old, but almost new looking Redding case trimmer body. It was finished in the old dark brown "crinkle" finish paint, so I thought it must have been from the early 1960's or so. It had the crank handle, but didn't have the cutter head or case holders. It didn't look like anything in the current Redding catalog either.

I didn't really need it, and I have a buddy who likes "old-timey" reloading equipment. He also has a fairly well equipment machine shop, and I thought he could possibly make whatever parts were needed to put it back into operation, so I gave it to him. He ended up calling Redding, and tried to explain to them what he had, and how he got it. After some checking, the Redding tech identified what case trimmer it was, and even located all the needed parts for it. Redding sent him all the parts he needed free of charge. I think that's outstanding customer service!

Dave

brassrat
03-21-2015, 06:14 PM
This thread got me to try them again, with needed parts. It looks like they are gonna send me free stuff, this time, so imo they are striving to catch up with those crazy guys at RCBS. I am pleased now. Thanks for posting

MT Chambers
03-22-2015, 02:06 AM
Their customer service is top notch, of course their reloading equip. is well thought out and very precise, you can tell by just adjusting the die, tightening or loosening is butter smooth, unlike any other dies.

McCarthy
03-27-2015, 10:41 PM
Chris at Redding is very knowledgeable and always willing to help. Redding is my favorite reloading company. The day they offer a progressive I'll remove that blue spot on my bench.

brassrat
03-30-2015, 09:01 PM
My scale is no longer bubba-ed. Thanks OP and Redding!

Rhou45
03-31-2015, 10:28 PM
Glad they fixed you up Brassrat!