PDA

View Full Version : Mold #'s 454647, 429649

softpoint
03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I have a couple of molds that are only a few years old that don't appear on Lyman's website. One is #429649, It is a heavyweight .44 cal that I originally bought to cast some heavies for a Freedom Arms .44 mag. My alloy with GC installed weighs 345 gr. Works OK in the freedom, but has to be sized full length .429 to fit the Freedom's chamber.
The other mold is #454647 it is a truncated nose type, .45 cal weighs about 290 gr. with gascheck installed. I got this mold for a long range "plinking boolit" in .45 Colt and .454.
I have a friend that casts that wants to know where he might be able to get these. (I don't really know why, they are both probably limited usefulness, I guess just 'cause they're different):brokenima

MtGun44
03-07-2008, 04:48 PM
eBay is very anti-gun, has dumped off (will not permit listings, even tho
totally legal) for most gun related stuff. So far reloading including molds
is still on. I do not like the company at all, but they seem to be one of
the biggest markets for molds, but frequently the prices are insane.
I have repeatedly seen molds in current production sell for far above
retail prices. Sometimes there are bargains.

Bill

EDK
03-08-2008, 06:43 PM
You have to check the classifieds here and eBay, etc. on a daily (or more!) basis. Right now there are a lot of things available...it was kinda slow in November and December. Guns are selling in a similar fashion.

I just bought the 429649 from a gentleman here on an impulse....it may be for sale in a few months. It just struck my fancy and the seller wanted some yankee dollars. (Thanks jlchucker.) Someone else sold one in a bunch of moulds this past week here. Something about "Garage Sale"....go look.

:redneck::cbpour:

nsp261
03-09-2008, 04:10 PM
EDK,
If you decide to sell #429649, please let me know.