PDA

View Full Version : Red Dot for Browning Buckmark?

DanWalker
03-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I've been trying awful hard to make shooting more enjoyable for my wife and daughter.
Both are having trouble with iron sights, and struggle to find the target with a scope.
I have a browning buckmark 22 handgun that both of them like to shoot.
I'm looking for a suggestion on an inexpensive open tube red dot sight for it.
My plan is to get the wife used to just putting the red dot on the target and hitting it. Then, this Christmas I plan on getting her some crimson trace laser grips for her snubby defense gun.
Should be a natrual progression for her.
Anyhow, I'm not looking to convert the buckmark to a race gun. I don't want a $12 Wally World piece of crap either.
Thanks,
Dan

Whitworth
03-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Dan, I can completely understand! For $135.00 you can buy an Ultradot 30 and that price includes shipping. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. It flawlessly withstands the recoil of my .475 Linebaugh. Go look at their website at: www.ultradotwest

44man (on this site) has Ultradot 30s on both his .45/70 and .475 Linebaugh BFRs.

standles
03-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Dan:

I have a BSA red dot system at home. Let me go find it as I bought it and never mounted it on my dauthers .22

If I can nfind it I will make you a good deal on it.

Will PM ya later tonight

Steven

Kraschenbirn
03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
FWIW: I've had the same 30mm Tasco ProPoints on my bullseye guns - a reworked Series 70 Gold Cup and a Clark H-S Citation - for 10-12 years and neither's been out of its mounts since they were installed.

DLCTEX
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
+1 on Tasco red dot. The one I have was used by my son for years, then passed to me and has been on my Savage Stryker for 5 years. The 22-250 recoil is not punishing, but no problems except forgetting to turn it off a couple times. I keep a spare battery handy. DALE

fecmech
03-07-2008, 10:27 PM
The $30. BSA (BRD30)dot sights work just fine on the .22's, .38's-.357's. I've had mine on all three guns and it's on my Buckmark Gold target now. The one I have has next to no paralax and when I put it in a vise and run the verticle and horizontal adjustments in a square(up 10 clicks,right 10, down 10 and then left 10 the dot points to the spot I started at. I would'nt mount it on the slide of my .45 like my Ultra Dot but .22's and .38's are'nt too abusive in the recol dept. I've had this sight about 4 yrs now with no problem.

lovedogs
03-09-2008, 12:31 AM
After returning two Bushnell's I tried a Tru-Glo. T-G's have a lifetime warranty. Now my wife and I have five of them. I've used them up to .44 mags. Have them on .243, .44, a couple .22 rifles, and a Ruger auto pistol. We love 'em. And they're only about $50.