PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on Contender 17 HMR 21" carbine barrels?

BK7saum
03-17-2015, 05:17 PM
I'm about to sell two 17 HMR 21" carbine barrels locally and wanted to double-check pricing. These are the original carbine taper with iron sights. One is new in box still wrapped in plastic from T/C. The other has been shot (less than 3 boxes of ammo) and has usual frame rub marks and light bluing wear on left side of muzzle. It has a scope mounted and sights currently removed.

Question is?

What is the NIB barrel worth? This is no longer available through T/C, only the 23" bull barrels. I see new barrels at $320 for bull barrels with no sights.

What is the used barrel worth? I would price it off of the value of the new one, but don't know that yet.

Of course I'll sell the 600 rounds of 17HMR ammo locally.

Thank you in advance. I'm trying to fund another project and just wanted to see what some of you had to say. I've looked at Ebay and Gbroker, but no one has these 21" tapered barrels anymore. the couple that I have seen are listed at $260-270 and are in 223 or common calibers. They are not nearly as clean as the one I have in 17HMR.

Would being NIB and in a no longer made contour be worth a small premium over newer current production barrels?

Brad

Czech_too
03-17-2015, 07:15 PM
http://www.edstc.com/

BK7saum
03-17-2015, 07:31 PM
I had already checkrd Ed's but there are no comparable barrels listed. No 21" barrels in either blue or ss.

Brad

Czech_too
03-19-2015, 07:43 AM
I just went through the last issue of One Good Shot thinking that there might be something comparable listed but nada.

Wish I could help more but no can do.

BK7saum
03-19-2015, 07:58 AM
Thank you, Czech too. I finally emailed ed and ask him what he would value the two barrels at for trade in? He did respond, and the only thing I have to figure out now is what is an appropriate markup.

Geraldo
03-19-2015, 09:07 AM
Would being NIB and in a no longer made contour be worth a small premium over newer current production barrels?

Brad

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Put the price you want on them and you'll find out pretty quick what the market is.