PDA

View Full Version : S&W k 22 what's it worth?

DanWalker
10-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Hi all, I'm looking to sell my S&W model 17-3 revolver. I'm looking around to see what kind of prices they are commanding around where everyone lives.
Here's the specifics:
6"bbl,blued,Target grips, NO RUST, pristine bore. Finish shows some wear from holster in the muzzle area and around cylinder leading edges. Action locks up tight and the gun exhibits the exceptional accuracy these pistols are known for.
What's a reasonable price to ask for something like this?
I'm trying to finance a G2 contender, so this must go to help pay for it.
Thanks guys.

Jumptrap
10-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Hi all, I'm looking to sell my S&W model 17-3 revolver. I'm looking around to see what kind of prices they are commanding around where everyone lives.
Here's the specifics:
6"bbl,blued,Target grips, NO RUST, pristine bore. Finish shows some wear from holster in the muzzle area and around cylinder leading edges. Action locks up tight and the gun exhibits the exceptional accuracy these pistols are known for.
What's a reasonable price to ask for something like this?
I'm trying to finance a G2 contender, so this must go to help pay for it.
Thanks guys.

Dan,

Why trade chicken for chicken****? That is a damned fine pistol! Your mileage may vary...but probably $300-$350. I think I'd find something else hiding in the safe to swap off before letting that Cadillac of 22's go.

Bret4207
10-01-2005, 07:43 AM
As Jump said, you'll be sorry.

Willbird
10-01-2005, 07:48 AM
You can, and I have shot a K22 fast and hard enough to get it too hot to touch the metal parts, your gonna have a hard time doing that with the Contender :-)

I agree with the others, keep the K22.

Bill

JSH
10-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Ditto to ALL the above. YOU WILL be sorry.
I have a G2. There is no way I would have traded a K22 for one. If ya want a TC I still would recommend a Contender. It is more user friendly. The G2 is easier to open and is the main reason I picked one up for the son. What can I say, it was for the children, lol............................
You would be better off to save a while and keep the SW.
Jeff

grumble
10-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Naa. You won't be sorry. Not if you sell it to someone who will love and cherish it, and tuck it in every night. Someone like me, f'rinstance. You might have pangs of guilt for years if you don't give me a bargain, though. <G>

StarMetal
10-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Make your wife sell something of hers to finance your new gun. Why do you have to sell something of yours? har har har

Really, that's too nice of a gun to let go.

Joe

DanWalker
10-01-2005, 05:00 PM
$325 plus shipping to your ffl will put this gun in your hot little hands

Jumptrap
10-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Jump on it Grumble, take his joy away! If i didn't have a K22 and a 617 already, that pissola would be swimmin for KY.

grumble
10-01-2005, 06:19 PM
$325 plus shipping to your ffl will put this gun in your hot little hands

PM sent.

C1PNR
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
PM sent.
I was going to tell you be quiet, Grumble, you've got plenty of neat stuff. I don't have a good .22 Revolver, and I guess I wont get this one either.

Dang again! Oh well, I get the feeling it's going to a GOOD home.:grin:

grumble
10-02-2005, 12:34 PM
I was going to tell you be quiet, Grumble, you've got plenty of neat stuff. I don't have a good .22 Revolver, and I guess I wont get this one either.

Dang again! Oh well, I get the feeling it's going to a GOOD home.:grin:

Go for it, compadre! I have no way to receive an 01 FFL handgun. I can get longguns from the gunshop I pester in AZ, but they can't sell me handguns. No if it were a C&R item, It would be in the mail to me next week!

What? You think I have neat stuff? Well, maybe, but not enough! <GGG>

C1PNR
10-03-2005, 01:10 AM
What? You think I have neat stuff? Well, maybe, but not enough! <GGG>
You sound like my good friend who once told me "The only time I've said NO, is when they ask me if I've got enough guns!"

I'm not happy that Dan feels the need to sell the pistol, but I'm glad it'll now come to a really GOOD home!;)

The only .22 revolver I've ever owned is a Colt Frontier Scout in .22 Magnum I bought back in 1960 or so. I was 16 years old, walked into the hardware store, handed over the money, and walked out with the new boxed pistol under my arm.

Had to wait until the next month to buy ammo (paper boys didn't make a LOT of money).

BTW, this is before they started selling them with two cylinders. Mine is strictly a .22 Mag.

BOOM BOOM
10-09-2005, 10:04 PM
HI,
The K-22 is one of my all time favorite revolvers. I've never bought another 22 pistol after I got one.