PDA

View Full Version : BB gang mold?

GoodOlBoy
03-14-2015, 10:17 PM
track of the wolf still has the OLD lyman .185 (yes .185) round ball single cav mold. Essentially a BB mold I am assuming either for very old BB guns (my great granddad had one with lead BBs) or the like. Since paying $62+ S&H for a mold that would take me a lifetime to cast enough lead BBs for shells for squirrel season I was wondering if anybody had ever tried to do a gang or tree mold for .185s or .190s? I know I know. Pay $400+ that ya don't have for a machine that ya have to then pay $100+ for the correct size nozzles etc etc... But I am talking about an honest to goodness mold (also takes up alot less storage space) not a specialty machine.

Any ideas?

GoodOlBoy

FullTang
03-15-2015, 12:18 AM
Sharpshooter makes molds for pellets as small as T shot (.20), and those make 20 pellets per pour. The problem is that there's a lot of sprue to clean off all those tiny pellets. I have the #4 buck mold, and don't use it much, because it's just too much hand work. So, there would need to be some way to automate the process for the home-caster to make it practical, I think.