PDA

View Full Version : RCBS ChargeMaster Combo in Action

VTDW
03-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Here is another neat tool, a bit expensive but I am glad I got it along with my other initial stuff when I got into reloading. It didn't hurt that I had lots of Cabelas points accrued.:mrgreen: Click on the pic to see video.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/ChargeMaster%20Combo/th_HPIM0181.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/ChargeMaster%20Combo/?action=view&current=HPIM0181.flv)

dromia
03-09-2008, 06:01 AM
I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Charge Master but never been able to justify the expense.

I've had the PACT scale and dispenser now for a few years and have found it really good and reliable.

From your video I would say that the Charge Master is a tad faster than my PACT but not enough for me to trade it in yet :-D.

When the PACT dies I'll go with the RCBS.

Thought I read somewhere that RCBS had limited their usual warranty on their electrical goods.

rvpilot76
03-09-2008, 06:02 AM
You know, I've been kinda on the fence about buying one of these. Mainly cost related. However, now that I've seen your video, I think I just got pushed off like Humpty Dumpty. I'm going to be kicking myself for not buying one of these sooner, I can just tell.

Great video!

Kevin

HeavyMetal
03-09-2008, 01:46 PM
great video! This is another that should become a sticky for newbie's to see!

Chunky Monkey
03-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't need one just yet but good video and thanks for posting!

chrisx1
03-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I switched from the PACT to the RCBS because of the limitation of 99.9 grains that the PACT has. The Rem Ultra Mags that I was loading were 104 grains.

This unit is also very easy to change out powders as well as you can see.

I also like the "repeat" feature that automatically drops the same load over again when you put the empty powder pan back on the scale. By the time you seat and crimp the boolit, your next powder charge is ready to go.

Chris