PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for this guy........ NOT!!!!!

Pipefitter
03-13-2015, 07:51 PM
http://www.armslist.com/posts/4134788/southbend-indiana-ammo-for-sale--green-tip-855---5-56x45mm-federal-and-pmc

Poor sap spent $14,000 expecting to gouge prices ad got burned!!!!!!!

Now if a few more would do the same thing maybe we could find supplies at a decent price for a change.

texaswoodworker
03-13-2015, 08:35 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/sonicfanchara/images/7/74/HA_HA_-NELSON_SIMPSONS.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140408010018

jcwit
03-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Now if this was .22 rimfire it would be all OK.

altheating
03-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Ouch !

leeggen
03-13-2015, 08:47 PM
To bad some nut bought some from him as he waas posting. Nobody should buy from this jerk, let him die with them.
CD

RogerDat
03-13-2015, 09:02 PM
You know I do wonder at the whole "I'm taking a loss" bit. Even pre ban hysteria I think these large boxes were around the upper 20's or 30 cents a round. Shortly after smaller bulk packs such as 250 became scarce the 1000 rnd. boxes were still in the 30's. Me thinks maybe he just wants folks to think they are getting one over on a scalper. Me I would want to see the receipt for the ammo he is losing money on. What is that saying Oh yeah trust but verify.

Now maybe he bought them at CTD but even there 900 rnd bulk on stripper clips are just 44 cents right now. 250 rnd loose pack is running 53 cents.

richhodg66
03-13-2015, 09:09 PM
I wonder if there are any good recipes for M855 ammo, because I hope he eats that stuff.

starmac
03-13-2015, 09:10 PM
Who cares????

Pipefitter
03-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Now if this was .22 rimfire it would be all OK.

I looked at his other posts, he is also in the 22lr scam.

flyingmonkey35
03-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Looks to me like he played the game and lost.

He was hoping to sell them post-ban and lost big time.

Buahahhaha

tdoyka
03-13-2015, 09:30 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/sonicfanchara/images/7/74/HA_HA_-NELSON_SIMPSONS.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140408010018

i double that!!!

SeabeeMan
03-13-2015, 09:40 PM
I call bull on .55/round being a loss. Even in the middle of it all I was seeing 1000 round bulk packs at .50-.55/round. I'd bet money most of that ad is a sob story and he's still trying to make 50% profit, if not more. Heck, I just googled "M855 Xtac in stock" and the very first hit had 271 in stock at .46/round.

Love Life
03-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Sucks for him.

country gent
03-13-2015, 10:20 PM
When your going to play the market wether its grain, stocks, oil, or other commodites the risk of a loss is always there. Its the nature of getting something for nothing.

TXGunNut
03-13-2015, 10:42 PM
I daresay if he can afford to be patient he'll eventually be OK. If he hammered his plastic all I can say is it sucks to be him, that's part of the risk of trying to play fast & loose with commodities. Looks like he got suckered when he bought them or as pointed out he's trying to use sympathy to make a profit. I hope he REALLY likes to shoot 223.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-13-2015, 10:53 PM
I don't believe him about his loss.

He began with this, "Alright guys, here's the deal. I went out on a limb and banked on the president and congress ramming through the green tip ban similar to the other ... "questionable" legislation that has gone through in the last couple years. "
As we know, this was a ATF 'rule' they were proposing. while some states have passed some new Mag bans, I don't recall any recent federal legislation in the 'last couple years'.

I wouldn't do business with this liar.

Taylor
03-13-2015, 10:55 PM
scum bag:takinWiz:

jcwit
03-13-2015, 11:30 PM
Hey guys its all about capitalism.

Spend a buck, make a buck. LOL

Or so I've been told.

MaryB
03-13-2015, 11:33 PM
I hope he gets buried with them! :violin:

RogerDat
03-13-2015, 11:35 PM
In the whole wide internet there are .00001% people stupid enough to deal with this bozo. But with a few billion users of the internet it is like the Nigerian money scam emails, sooner or later that tiny percentage of suckers respond and it works so the scammers keep going.

Bzcraig
03-14-2015, 12:11 AM
I'm all for capitalism, he now must learn that capitalism has more sides than just making a buck, sometimes you lose your shorts. BUT, since he was not trying to earn an honest buck, I hope he has to put it in his will.

Ehaver
03-14-2015, 01:15 AM
If .55 cents a round is a loss, I hate to see what he paid.

"Federal AND PMC X-Tac 5.56x45mm 55 grain FMJ ammo for $0.55/rnd. or $11.00/box of 20 or $66/box of 120. These are brand new in factory packaging. I currently have 24,000 rounds available (now down to 23,600). First come, first served. "

Uhhh... 55 Grain?? Supposed to be 62.

Love Life
03-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Upon further examination of this...still sucks to be him.

As pointed out above, the other side of capitalism.

Riverpigusmc
03-14-2015, 11:42 AM
Upon further examination of this...still sucks to be him.

As pointed out above, the other side of capitalism.
^this. Whether it be gold, silver, or oil speculation, you pay your money, you take your chances.

He lost. Hope he has big ammo cans

alamogunr
03-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Ad has been pulled!

w5pv
03-14-2015, 12:26 PM
A couple of falls ago this guy had 22 lr's for sale @ $90.00 bucks a brick the last add I saw of his was for $60.00 a brick.That is still a no sell for me.They can go to in a hand basket before I buy any that is over $12 to $14 bucks a brick

2wheelDuke
03-14-2015, 12:37 PM
I think the guy posting that ad is about like the car salesman that swears he's losing money on the sale.

Cowboy_Dan
03-14-2015, 02:23 PM
I think I was him at the gun show yesterday (Elkhart, IN his ad specifies South Bend, IN), overpriced green tips that EVERYONE was passing by.

bubba.50
03-14-2015, 03:06 PM
needs about a 1000 people to flag his ad as scam or overpriced.

bubba.50
03-14-2015, 03:08 PM
never mind. I just checked & it was flagged & removed for bein' way overpriced!

Love Life
03-14-2015, 03:09 PM
It's not a scam. He has a product for sale that he will let you have if you give him money. That is not a scam.

Overpriced is subjective. It's over priced to me because I find the ammo to be ****, and I have enough 5.56/223/ whatever ammo to not care.

It is not overpriced to the man who has none, but has a pocket full of jing-a-ling.

ETA: I did not swear. The word that is filtered is the c-word used in place of the term doo doo or the actual S-word which is a real swear word.

mozeppa
03-14-2015, 03:14 PM
I hope he gets buried with them! :violin:?
hey Mary ...we gots shovels....wanna say where he's buried? :bigsmyl2:

hey!....free ammo beats 40 cents a pop all day long!

dakotashooter2
03-14-2015, 06:27 PM
I'll take 10,000 rnds ....as long as he accepts this Monopoly money I got for 20 cents on the dollar.............

WILCO
03-14-2015, 06:29 PM
It's very disappointing, how members of this group can show such negativity towards a private citizen, engaged in lawful commerce. Each person speaks as if they've firsthand insight into the individual's motive and business plans. Accusations abound. Class warfare is spread. Ignorance grows. As Americans engaged in lawful commerce, there is only one entity forcing you to purchase a product you don't want or need. Other than that, you still have the right to vote with your wallet. I fail to understand how many people choose to be hateful towards one who wishes to participate in commerce. It's really simple. If you like the product, you purchase it. If you don't, you shop elsewhere. For all those speaking in a negative manner, how is your own life improved if the individual in the OP fails and suffers? What business and jobs have you created?

texaswoodworker
03-14-2015, 08:18 PM
It's very disappointing, how members of this group can show such negativity towards a private citizen, engaged in lawful commerce. Each person speaks as if they've firsthand insight into the individual's motive and business plans. Accusations abound. Class warfare is spread. Ignorance grows. As Americans engaged in lawful commerce, there is only one entity forcing you to purchase a product you don't want or need. Other than that, you still have the right to vote with your wallet. I fail to understand how many people choose to be hateful towards one who wishes to participate in commerce. It's really simple. If you like the product, you purchase it. If you don't, you shop elsewhere. For all those speaking in a negative manner, how is your own life improved if the individual in the OP fails and suffers? What business and jobs have you created?
He stated in his ad he bought them at a high price and that he was going to sell them at a higher price after they were banned. Unfortunately for him they weren't and he lost big time. He's getting exactly what he deserves.

roadie
03-14-2015, 11:22 PM
He stated in his ad he bought them at a high price and that he was going to sell them at a higher price after they were banned. Unfortunately for him they weren't and he lost big time. He's getting exactly what he deserves.

As I recall, this is known as speculating and is practiced every day in stock trading, etc: It's how a lot of people make a lot of money and I didn't realize it was now considered a dirty, filthy practice.

When you speculate, you take on risk and this guy may have bitten off more than he can chew, though I kinda doubt that....the guy sounds like a salesman and he'll probably do just fine with it.

I don't get why so many of you are against making money, like this stuff should be free or something. I thought making money was the idea....ain't like anyone's arm is being twisted, you don't want it, then don't buy it. Recent history has shown quite well that someone will buy it at his price.

texaswoodworker
03-14-2015, 11:28 PM
As I recall, this is known as speculating and is practiced every day in stock trading, etc: It's how a lot of people make a lot of money and I didn't realize it was now considered a dirty, filthy practice.

When you speculate, you take on risk and this guy may have bitten off more than he can chew, though I kinda doubt that....the guy sounds like a salesman and he'll probably do just fine with it.

I don't get why so many of you are against making money, like this stuff should be free or something. I thought making money was the idea....ain't like anyone's arm is being twisted, you don't want it, then don't buy it. Recent history has shown quite well that someone will buy it at his price.
He bought a lot of ammo so that others couldn't, had the sole intention of gougeing the price, and hoped that the government would ban the stuff so he could make a killing off of the erosion of our rights.

Yeah, I call that a dirty practice, and most here apparently look down on it too.

MaryB
03-14-2015, 11:49 PM
There is a big difference between buying a commodity hoping prices will rise because of weather for crops, manufacturing rising for metals etc than buying because we are about to have our rights tromped on again.

hunter49
03-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Would I purchase ammo from this person , probally not. I will shop and get the best deal I can on any of my ammo and reloading needs. Sure I don't agree with price gouging, but it's captilism and thats how we do business. I would not flag him on armslist however, any practice like this will not get my business either.

roadie
03-15-2015, 12:32 AM
There is a big difference between buying a commodity hoping prices will rise because of weather for crops, manufacturing rising for metals etc than buying because we are about to have our rights tromped on again.

There's really no difference at all, it's still speculating, making money. In any other scenario, someone still loses out. It seems these days, how money is made doesn't come into things. I've heard people speak highly of their neighbor being a good business man because of the big house, cars and stuff.

His being a drug dealer didn't come into the whole of things...he's still a good business man....true story.

snowwolfe
03-15-2015, 12:37 AM
He played the stock market and lost. Its his money, get over it.

roadie
03-15-2015, 12:41 AM
He bought a lot of ammo so that others couldn't, had the sole intention of gougeing the price, and hoped that the government would ban the stuff so he could make a killing off of the erosion of our rights.

Yeah, I call that a dirty practice, and most here apparently look down on it too.

He supposedly bought a large amount of something that he hoped would increase in price, he's no different to a huge number of people who speculate in any market. The reason "most here" find it "dirty" is because it deals with something they want.

Realistically, should he buy the stuff and then resell at little or no profit whatsoever, just to keep everyone else happy? As has been said, nobody's arm is being twisted to buy the stuff, he took a risk and he may get burned.

I also doubt that he was hoping the ban would go through, he probably makes lots of money on these deals. He was just hoping the looming threat of a ban would allow him to dump it fast.

xs11jack
03-15-2015, 12:50 AM
It's 11:45pm Saturday, I clkd on the ad and got an announcement saying that the ad had be pulled by the gunlist people as being "very over priced." I guess he could sell them at an inflated price if he can wait long enough for the ban to come back or economic conditions deteriorate enough. Might be a few years though.
Ole Jack

Omega
03-15-2015, 12:51 AM
There's really no difference at all, it's still speculating, making money. In any other scenario, someone still loses out. It seems these days, how money is made doesn't come into things. I've heard people speak highly of their neighbor being a good business man because of the big house, cars and stuff.

His being a drug dealer didn't come into the whole of things...he's still a good business man....true story.It may be legal, maybe even the way things are done, but we don't have to like it. And I can dang sure smile when these *** get burned. Getting ammo then jacking the price up is low down, whether done by an individual or business such as CTD. I may not be right, but I won't change my mind.

roadie
03-15-2015, 01:01 AM
It may be legal, maybe even the way things are done, but we don't have to like it. And I can dang sure smile when these *** get burned. Getting ammo then jacking the price up is low down, whether done by an individual or business such as CTD. I may not be right, but I won't change my mind.

Nope, you don't have to like it at all, but it being ammo makes no difference. It's the same thing when it concerns any commodity...it's just business, not personal.

freebullet
03-15-2015, 01:12 AM
I bet doe run is his 22lr and ap ammo storage spot. That's where I'd put it, or maybe in my space shuttle. I just can't decide.

texaswoodworker
03-15-2015, 01:29 AM
He supposedly bought a large amount of something that he hoped would increase in price, he's no different to a huge number of people who speculate in any market. The reason "most here" find it "dirty" is because it deals with something they want.

Realistically, should he buy the stuff and then resell at little or no profit whatsoever, just to keep everyone else happy? As has been said, nobody's arm is being twisted to buy the stuff, he took a risk and he may get burned.

I also doubt that he was hoping the ban would go through, he probably makes lots of money on these deals. He was just hoping the looming threat of a ban would allow him to dump it fast.

1. There is no "supposedly" to it. He openly admitted in his ad to exactly what he was wanting to do.

2. I don't find it dirty because I wanted it, because I don't. I reload my own and have ZERO interest in green tip ammo or really even FMJ. I prefer soft point and hollow point ammo, and that's what I reload with. I find it dirty because he's buying up all the ammo he can find, and then reselling it after others can't find it anywhere else because he bought it all. He was taking advantage of a threat to our rights, and now he's paying the price for it. Karma's a b****, and he's getting exactly what he deserves.

3. If he wanted to use just the looming threat of the ban to sell the stuff, he would have sold it before now. ESPECIALLY since he was trying to sell 24,000 rounds locally, and you cannot do that in only a few days. He was holding on to it hoping that the BATFE was going to ban it.

You want proof? Here are a few direct quotes from his ad.

Alright guys, here's the deal. I went out on a limb and banked on the president and congress ramming through the green tip ban...

I try to offer fair prices to local shooters...

I bought 24k rounds of green tip at a higher price than I should have and now the BATF has backed off on their proposed ban.

Cash, local sales only.

Love Life
03-15-2015, 01:33 AM
I bet doe run is his 22lr and ap ammo storage spot. That's where I'd put it, or maybe in my space shuttle. I just can't decide.

Where did you get a space shuttle? I want a space shuttle

roadie
03-15-2015, 01:51 AM
1. There is no "supposedly" to it. He openly admitted in his ad to exactly what he was wanting to do.

2. I don't find it dirty because I wanted it, because I don't. I reload my own and have ZERO interest in green tip ammo or really even FMJ. I prefer soft point and hollow point ammo, and that's what I reload with. I find it dirty because he's buying up all the ammo he can find, and then reselling it after others can't find it anywhere else because he bought it all. He was taking advantage of a threat to our rights, and now he's paying the price for it. Karma's a bitch, and he's getting exactly what he deserves.

3. If he wanted to use just the looming threat of the ban to sell the stuff, he would have sold it before now. ESPECIALLY since he was trying to sell 24,000 rounds locally, and you cannot do that in only a few days. He was holding on to it hoping that the BATFE was going to ban it.

You want proof? Here are a few direct quotes from his ad.

The guy is a salesman....I wouldn't believe a single thing he said. And I don't consider 24,000 rounds to be a massive amount to sell quickly, that's like maybe 50 buyers tops at the right price.

Of course he wants local buyers, he doesn't want the hassle of shipping live ammo. It's still just a guy speculating and possibly losing his shirt on the deal. I wouldn't be at all surprised though, to see him do just fine...it's not like the ammo ban has been dropped. In fact, it's looking like they want to ban everything, not just one type.

Maybe if people spent less time decrying normal business practices and more time actually going after the agencies which are causing the drama, then things might change to the gun owners benefit.

I mean really, there are how many millions of gun owners which use this ammo, and the ATF gets a paltry 90,000 comments on the proposed ban? Seriously?

waksupi
03-15-2015, 02:11 AM
He is just like a roller coaster stock market or gold and silver investor. When they see something taking a dive, they bail, and take a loss. Just sit on it a couple years, the demand will return, one way or the other, and the money would be regained. If he takes the dive right now, tough boobie.

texaswoodworker
03-15-2015, 02:16 AM
The guy is a salesman....I wouldn't believe a single thing he said. And I don't consider 24,000 rounds to be a massive amount to sell quickly, that's like maybe 50 buyers tops at the right price.

Of course he wants local buyers, he doesn't want the hassle of shipping live ammo. It's still just a guy speculating and possibly losing his shirt on the deal. I wouldn't be at all surprised though, to see him do just fine...it's not like the ammo ban has been dropped. In fact, it's looking like they want to ban everything, not just one type.

Maybe if people spent less time decrying normal business practices and more time actually going after the agencies which are causing the drama, then things might change to the gun owners benefit.

I mean really, there are how many millions of gun owners which use this ammo, and the ATF gets a paltry 90,000 comments on the proposed ban? Seriously?

How do I put this politely?

I think the guy is a piece of scum who would probably sell his own mother for the right price, it brings me great joy to see his dirty practices catching up with him, I wish the same for anyone who would take part in those practices, and there is absolutely nothing you could say to change my mind. The fact that MOST of the members here don't like his dirty practices either should tell you something.

Yeah, that's about as polite as it's going to get. Good day.

roadie
03-15-2015, 02:34 AM

I think the guy is a piece of scum who would probably sell his own mother for the right price, it brings me great joy to see his dirty practices catching up with him, I wish the same for anyone who would take part in those practices, and there is absolutely nothing you could say to change my mind. The fact that MOST of the members here don't like his dirty practices either should tell you something.

I wouldn't even consider trying to change your mind and for the record, I never said I thought this guy was nice. The fact that "MOST of the members here don't like his dirty practices either" tells me nothing cause you all seem to be taking it personal....I highly doubt this Bozo is out to screw gun owners, he's out to make money....nothing personal about it.

I'm afraid that shortly, gun owners are going to get royally screwed and hold the lube, but it ain't this guy or any other speculator that's gonna do it. In a big way, you're doing it to yourselves.

Does anyone REALLY understand what the proposed ban is about? It ain't about green tip.

I'm done now...have a nice night.

freebullet
03-15-2015, 03:08 AM
Where did you get a space shuttle? I want a space shuttle

gotter from bama n'em. They was just given em away, much like our rights and paychecks. The best part you don't have to prove any desire or capability that you need or even want one.

texaswoodworker
03-15-2015, 03:21 AM
I wouldn't even consider trying to change your mind and for the record, I never said I thought this guy was nice. The fact that "MOST of the members here don't like his dirty practices either" tells me nothing cause you all seem to be taking it personal....I highly doubt this Bozo is out to screw gun owners, he's out to make money....nothing personal about it.

I'm afraid that shortly, gun owners are going to get royally screwed and hold the lube, but it ain't this guy or any other speculator that's gonna do it. In a big way, you're doing it to yourselves.

Does anyone REALLY understand what the proposed ban is about? It ain't about green tip.

I'm done now...have a nice night.

You know, when the mafia kills someone, it's not personal either, it's just business. I bet you won't stick up for that though.

"Well frank, I like you, but you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. You saw things you shouldn't have, and now we gotta kill ya. It's nothing personal Frank, it's just business. BANG!

I don't care whether its "just business" or not. He is screwing over gun owners and I do take it personally because the people he is screwing over are my fellow countrymen. Do you have a problem with that?

jcwit
03-15-2015, 07:56 AM
The guy is a salesman....I wouldn't believe a single thing he said.

Nope! The guy is an order taker, huge, huge difference. Just because someone has something to sell doesn't make them a salesman.

fryboy
03-15-2015, 08:01 AM

i perhaps should chop some of that but it's apt enough ;)

in essence boils down to greed , think for a moment .. our amigo said he had nothing against the successful guy with a big house and lots of money even so what if he made that cash selling drugs .... i should stop now but .... that in it's self says alot [shrugz] to some success is all that counts ( the same can be said of those nigerian scammers - it's against the law there but is less frowned upon IF they are successful )

i dont mind a fellow making a profit ...however i do tend to frown upon those whom wish to make a years paycheck off selling me a pound of powder ( etc )

perotter
03-15-2015, 08:55 AM

There sure is the tendency of the government to either overstate a number or understate a number, isn't there? One can hardly believe a thing they say.