PDA

View Full Version : Could use some prayers

ravelode
03-13-2015, 09:51 AM
Had chest pains Sat. nite, had wife take me to ER. Turns out I had 100% blockage of one artery, 60% of another, They put a stent in on Monday because they couldn't use the equip till somebody came home from vacation:shock:, regardless I am recovering. Apparently I was really lucky and no apparent heart muscle damage. They also said I have type 2 diabetes. Doctor said I can do "clerical work only". So I get to see Monday if I still have my job (which requires a lot of hard field work). I am a one man department at work and no one else can run the equip. :???:

buckwheatpaul
03-13-2015, 10:39 AM
ravelode, I am glad that you were able to get to the ER. A good friend of mine has 90% on the right and 65% on the left and they are doing his surgery this next Thur. I pray that you doctors will be able to get you cured in that same time frame. I pray that you will still have a job and that your boss will understand and accomodate your needs at your time of need. And I pray for your wife and that she will be emotionally healed from all of the stress that she is under....Amen

nekshot
03-13-2015, 10:43 AM
totally understand your condition, and I pray for a quick recovering and the grace to start a "new" life very different from the past!

w5pv
03-13-2015, 03:10 PM
ravelode,I am praying for a quick and complete recover for you and your wife.

groovy mike
03-13-2015, 03:15 PM
prayer sent. Dude - you got a second chance. Every day from now on is a gift.

ssn vet
03-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Glad you got the stent in time.... Prayers for improved health and successful diabetes management.

castalott
03-13-2015, 07:29 PM
Sincere Prayers for Health, Healing, Strength, Faith, and Guidance... Dale

Bzcraig
03-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Praying for health, quality of life and Lord go before you at work.

RED333
03-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Prays sent

retread
03-13-2015, 08:32 PM
A second chance is a wonderful thing. Good to hear there was no damage. Trust in the Lord and things will work out. Don't stress, he's got your six. Prayers for you and your family.

shoot-n-lead
03-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Prayer sent for your speedy recovery, your job and wife.

NC_JEFF
03-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Maybe the Lord is closing a door in order to open another one friend. I am glad you caught it before it caught you. I pray that you will be at peace with whatever happens at work and that everyone around you sees God at work in it all.

jcren
03-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Prayers for recovery and the good lords providence.

JonnyReb
03-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Prayers sent brother.

dlbarr
03-14-2015, 12:52 AM
Prayed for you, please keep us informed. God bless you friend.

ravelode
03-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the prayers and support. Going to have to carry nitro pills the rest of my life and check my blood sugar regularly. Can't do a lot, as a simple nosebleed could put my in the ER with all the anti clotting and blood thinners I have to take for the next year. My family assures me I will be OK. At least I am alive.
I don't understand how, but I've lost 16 lbs. in less than week:bigsmyl2:. I must have been retaining a lot of fluid due to poor circulation.

arunninghorsegoeswild
03-14-2015, 06:46 PM
Wow hope all is well and wish for a speedy recovery.....

ravelode
03-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Well it's official; I lost my job and health insurance. I can't really fault the company: paying my wages when there was nothing for me to do workwise would have hurt the other employees'. I going to try and help the wife's jewelry business to support us both. One door closes and another one opens. Just hard to adjust after doing the same type work for 29 years then having to change quickly.

WRideout
03-21-2015, 06:48 AM
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wayne

Finster101
03-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Is the light duty a temporary thing? I had a heart attack 11 months ago spent 5 days in the hospital and ended up with 7 stents. Doc had me off work for three months, didn't even want me to go outside because of the stress the heat puts on you. I am back at work as an auto tech now and we routinely rotate tires and wheels that weigh about 100 lbs. Doc tells me I can do whatever I want to do and I feel great. My point is ask lots of questions. This may be just a temporary thing. After some time to heal and recover you may be good as new. Don't push it and do what they tell you, it will pay off in the end. It drove me nuts staying inside for 3 months, and was just pure agony watching my wife cut the grass but the pay off was worth it. I'm only offering this up as words of encouragement, I'm sure there are many other folks on this board with similar stories. Sorry to hear that it happened but your still here. Best of luck to you.

James

gunoil
03-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Thinking and praying, you can/must rest a while. Dont stress. Think bout relaxing things like reloading. Read some stuff, get your rest. Stay hydrated, grape juice it good too. Dont worry.

Newtire
03-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the prayers and support. Going to have to carry nitro pills the rest of my life and check my blood sugar regularly. Can't do a lot, as a simple nosebleed could put my in the ER with all the anti clotting and blood thinners I have to take for the next year. My family assures me I will be OK. At least I am alive.
I don't understand how, but I've lost 16 lbs. in less than week:bigsmyl2:. I must have been retaining a lot of fluid due to poor circulation.You got there in the nick of time it appears. I had a couple of stents put in back in 2005 and then in July 2014, wound up getting a 4X bypass (CABG). I lost a bunch of weight once my circulation was regained. (45 lbs. but gained back 25 lbs.) Lost 6 lbs. water weight in one night in hospital taking some sort of "pee pills" and all that puffiness in my legs went away. Was deemed "good to go" for back surgery 6 months later.

Alot is owed to people's prayers and especially to those in our cast boolit group right here in the local area. I figure now I have a few more years to live and I plan on enjoying as much of it as possible. I owe it to those folks I care about as well to keep myself healthy.

So, ravelode, you were spared for a reason. You'll get to feeling good again. This is like a little tap on the shouders telling you to take it easy for awhile. Those medications change over time too. Do what the docs tell you and watch for signs like blood pressure increases and the water retention in your legs. With diabetes, you have a rougher road than me. Keep that under control and you'll be casting away and walking around at gun shows or whatever else clicks your switch for a long time to come. Prayers with you here.

ravelode
03-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Is the light duty a temporary thing? I had a heart attack 11 months ago spent 5 days in the hospital and ended up with 7 stents. Doc had me off work for three months, didn't even want me to go outside because of the stress the heat puts on you. I am back at work as an auto tech now and we routinely rotate tires and wheels that weigh about 100 lbs. Doc tells me I can do whatever I want to do and I feel great. My point is ask lots of questions. This may be just a temporary thing. After some time to heal and recover you may be good as new. Don't push it and do what they tell you, it will pay off in the end. It drove me nuts staying inside for 3 months, and was just pure agony watching my wife cut the grass but the pay off was worth it. I'm only offering this up as words of encouragement, I'm sure there are many other folks on this board with similar stories. Sorry to hear that it happened but your still here. Best of luck to you.

James

my now lost job, was in a different town 160 miles away from home, has been a pain in the A#$ anyway. It kept me away from loved ones and my co-workers were always unsympathetic of my severe hearing loss. Honestly, I see this as a new direction in my life (long overdue). I won't miss those white knuckle drives over mountains in blizzards.

slim1836
03-21-2015, 10:20 AM
I had 90% blockage on one side, 80% on the other & suffered several mini strokes last year. BP was over 200/110. Had surgery on both arteries, take pills, and watch my diet now-a-days.

Still having other issues, but working on them.

Sucks getting old, but beats the alternative.

Slim

ravelode
04-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Need even more Prayers, I've been laid out on my bed for almost a week and a half due to retinal tears, complicated by severe bleeding in one eye. Was not allowed to read or exert myself, so I'm bored to death. Had two sessions of laser to scar the 7-8 tears, but here is so much blood that 20% of my eye was not able to be checked. I'm legally blind in one eye (hopefully temporarily).
Finally did my taxes, only to find out somebody else used my SSN to file a bogus return.
After a month of no work and 0$ income, I'm applying for disability
P.S. I wouldn't wish that laser surgery on my worst enemy.

AK4570
04-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Prayers have been lifted, my friend. He is able to do abundantly more than we could ever expect or ask.

USMC87
04-12-2015, 09:20 AM
I pray that you will have a full recovery and your applying for disability will be a smooth transaction for you.

Wis. Tom
04-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Praying for you through this season.

muddcatt54
04-12-2015, 03:02 PM
I came to this site today looking for information about a bullet mold but found a blessing instead when I ran across this forums Chapel
I truly pray for you and your family my wife went through quadrupole bypass not long ago.
God Bless you and yours.