PDA

View Full Version : DougGuy

knifemaker
03-12-2015, 01:32 AM
I answered your questions about the Ruger Vaquero 45 ACP being able to accept 45 Schofield rims in the cylinder. I also posted a picture of the cylinder with 6 rounds of 45 Schofield cases that had the length cut down to 45 ACP length. The thread will be on the Ruger forum under the single action threads following your thread. It will work great.

DougGuy
03-12-2015, 01:47 AM
Cool! That's the only thing I didn't have in hand, was a NM cylinder to see if it would take all the Schofield brass. Thx for the photo!

What is the deal with your cylinder? I would gladly take care of the throats if you would like them taken to .4525"

Next up is getting a piloted finishing reamer for .45 Colt that I can use on a .45 ACP cylinder. Expensive but extremely precise compared to the solid nose reamers. It's in the works for right now.

knifemaker
03-12-2015, 01:58 AM
DougGuy, After getting the Vaquero, I slugged the cylinder throats and found all six measured a consistant .4515 in all six throats. The barrel groove dia measured .4505 with no constrictions and the gun will shoot both cast and jacketed bullets into 1-1/4 inch groups at 15 yards. Since I size my cast lead boolits to .451 I am good to go. When I ordered the gun I was sure I would have to have you open it to .4525 due to a simple mistake on my part. Here in CA. we have to wait 10 days before we can take custody of the gun from the licensed dealer. During that time I went into the shop with a 45 acp bullet to see if it would enter the throats. It did not because I was using a X-Treme plated bullet that has a dia of .452 and not .451 as most others are. That is when I contacted you about the possibility of reaming the throats.