PDA

View Full Version : Recommended online gun shops

vmathias
03-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Due to having a hard time finding the pistol I am looking for in local shops I will most likely be purchasing online. Any info on online dealers that forum members have had positive experiences with would be a big help before I purchase.

seaboltm
03-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Lots of them use gunbroker. If you are still looking for that Ruger, Lipsey's is known to have a lot of Rugers.

vmathias
03-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Lots of them use gunbroker. If you are still looking for that Ruger, Lipsey's is known to have a lot of Rugers.

Isnt Lipsey's wholesale?

scottfire1957
03-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Call 'em and ask?

Smoke4320
03-11-2015, 05:54 PM
yes they (lipseys) are wholesale only

bowenrd
03-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Bud's Guns

dragon813gt
03-11-2015, 07:14 PM
I'd look on Gunbroker. I've been able to get a better price there.

2muchstuf
03-11-2015, 07:28 PM
V,
Have you looked at Giser's Guns in Sunbury.
Hummel' in Globe Mills, Dwight usually has a few assorted 45's (call and make sure he's in that day).
Troxells on old 15 north of Williamsport used to have lots of hand guns, haven't been there for a while though.
All within reach for ya.

atr
03-11-2015, 07:32 PM
You might try Mary's Pistols here in WA state

nannyhammer
03-11-2015, 09:19 PM
I've used Buds twice for guns, no issues other than shipping wasn't lightning fast. As a side note, a couple of years back I was shooting slugs for deer on the base and had noticed different lots required minor scope adjustments. I ordered eight boxes from buds and requested matching lot numbers. When order was received all eight lot numbers matched match. Not a big deal but they made sure I got want I wanted.

vmathias
03-11-2015, 09:24 PM
I've used Buds twice for guns, no issues other than shipping wasn't lightning fast. As a side note, a couple of years back I was shooting slugs for deer on the base and had noticed different lots required minor scope adjustments. I ordered eight boxes from buds and requested matching lot numbers. When order was received all eight lot numbers matched match. Not a big deal but they made sure I got want I wanted.

I have heard both good and nightmarish stories about Buds.

Smoke4320
03-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Buds has many bad reviews. I would not trust my luck with them

John Boy
03-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Not an online but they are a full stock shop and ordered for me that I used to pick up on my way to New Cumberland to visit my Dad from NJ
Shyda's Services Inc/Resh Lebanon, PA

2360 Colebrook Rd
Lebanon PA 17042-9587

(717) 274-8676

Echd
03-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Bud's has been reliable for me. They have a very stupid gimmick (that "bidding" system where you keep putting a price in until it tells you it will take it) but their shipping is fast and they are HUGE, definitely the largest online gunstore.

If you can hit their closeout items you can save big money. They also are set up to send items to known dealers in your area through agreeing with them ahead of time, and they will call you when it arrives.

Doggonekid
03-11-2015, 11:27 PM
gunbroker.com usually nice pitchers and details. Lots of guns, easy to navigate.

khmer6
03-11-2015, 11:29 PM
I have heard both good and nightmarish stories about Buds.

This. It's a mixed bag. Seems to be a hate or love relationship. I have had no issues with them in the past. What gun are you looking for. Is it something new or catalog orderable

doc1876
03-11-2015, 11:31 PM
my dealer called Lipseys and had my Ruger on their shelf within a week

gpidaho
03-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Bud's has always been good to me. Only had a problem once and it was taken care of with one call and to my complete satisfaction. Thanks Bud's GP

SlippShodd
03-11-2015, 11:46 PM
Woodbury's treated me very well.
Davidson's (Gallery of Guns) looks good on screen.
Got a first try in transit from Bud's... film at eleven.

mike
----> still rather do local brick and mortar...

dudel
03-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Been very pleased with GrabAGun http://grabagun.com/ ordered on Tuesday, picked up from my FFL on Friday.

bobthenailer
03-12-2015, 07:50 AM
Davidsons ( gallery of guns.com ) is a source i have used many times ! they compair the discount price of shops in your 25 mile radis and displays there prices.
in my 25 mile area i usually have 6 or more stores with price quoats. you can go up to 100 miles on the dealer search.

pworley1
03-12-2015, 09:07 AM
I have had no issues with Bud's for new guns. Gunbroker for used.

Bonz
03-12-2015, 09:13 AM
http://www.slickguns.com

Wayne Smith
03-12-2015, 09:18 AM
When I have something specific that I want I order it through my LGS. I don't mind giving them the business.

jmort
03-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Davidson's and you get to use one of the local gun stores. Painless and additional lifetime guarantee from Davidson's

Geraldo
03-12-2015, 09:48 AM
A friend of mine bought two pistols recently, one from CDNN and one from Bud's. CDNN shipped the day he ordered it, Bud's waited about ten days before shipping.

M-Tecs
03-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Bud's has two payment options. They offer a cash discount. Doing it that way has always been slow for me. When I use a CC shipping has never been slower than the next day. Other than slow shipping when I send in a MO I have had zero issues with Bud's

vmathias
03-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Looking at guns online. How can an out of state dealer charge sales tax? Gallery of guns adds sales tax. They are in Arizona and I am in Pa. I was under the impression that anything bought out of state is not taxed.

jmort
03-12-2015, 01:27 PM
If there is a sales tax, you only pay it once. I live in CA and I pay sales tax with Amazon and many other online retailers who have operations here. Whatever state the online business is located, typically you pay tax if you live in that state as well. If Davidson's is collecting the sales tax, then it is paid to the state where you live. That is a downside, but I get dinged for sales tax on Gun Broker purchases when I go to my FFL and the FFL adds sales tax. I am all for avoiding sales taxes if that is possible.

vmathias
03-12-2015, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=jmort;3175974]If there is a sales tax, you only pay it once. I live in CA and I pay sales tax with Amazon and many other online retailers who have operations here. Whatever state the online business is located, typically you pay tax if you live in that state as well. If Davidson's is collecting the sales tax, then it is paid to the state where you live. That is a downside, but I get dinged for sales tax on Gun Broker purchases when I go to my FFL and the FFL adds sales tax. I am all for avoiding sales taxes if that is possible.[/QUO

My FFL dealer said that I should not have to pay sales tax on an out of state purchase. Just doesnt make sense to me I guess.

jmort
03-12-2015, 01:46 PM
I agree, makes no sense. I would just bottom line it, it it makes sense $$$ wise then it really does not matter what is included, only the bottom line matters.

dragon813gt
03-12-2015, 02:37 PM
My FFL dealer said that I should not have to pay sales tax on an out of state purchase. Just doesnt make sense to me I guess.

Your dealer is lying to you. You are supposed to claim all out of state purchases, specifically worded as online purchases, on your taxes. This is a specific line item when you file your PA state taxes.

PA is the reason that a lot of online retailers started charging sales tax for out of state sales. They realized how much they were losing and went after them. This applies to out of state companies that have a physical presence in the state. In Amazon's case they have a distribution center. A small company can get away w/ not charging you sales tax but the larger companies can not.

Wether you claim out of state purchases or not is up to you. We all know the vast majority don't. In your case Davidson's might have an office in PA which is why they have to collect sales tax. Or they just don't want PA coming after them.

vmathias
03-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Your dealer lying to you. You are supposed to claim all out of state purchases, specifically worded as online purchases, on your taxes. This is a specific line item when you file your PA state taxes.

PA is the reason that a lot of online retailers started charging sales tax for out of state sales. They realized how much they were losing and went after them. This applies to out of state companies that have a physical presence in the state. In Amazon's case they have a distribution center. A small company can get away w/ not charging you sales tax but the larger companies can not.

Wether you claim out of state purchases or not is up to you. We all know the vast majority don't. In your case Davidson's might have an office in PA which is why they have to collect sales tax. Or they just don't want PA coming after them.

Ah...

WALLNUTT
03-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Bud's is a little slow on orders but no other problems. But then I just go pick them up there so I get to inspect them at pickup.

vmathias
03-12-2015, 04:43 PM
My FFL found one and ordered. Cannot wait to start working up some cast hunting loads for it.

45-70 Chevroner
03-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Cherry's Gun Shop in North Carolina. Just type in Cherry's gun shop, it should come up.

seaboltm
03-19-2015, 03:19 AM
[QUOTE=jmort;3175974]If there is a sales tax, you only pay it once. I live in CA and I pay sales tax with Amazon and many other online retailers who have operations here. Whatever state the online business is located, typically you pay tax if you live in that state as well. If Davidson's is collecting the sales tax, then it is paid to the state where you live. That is a downside, but I get dinged for sales tax on Gun Broker purchases when I go to my FFL and the FFL adds sales tax. I am all for avoiding sales taxes if that is possible.[/QUO

Varies state to state. Texas has toyed around with the idea of charging sales tax for items bought out of state via on line.

bandsmoyer
03-19-2015, 07:55 AM
Ordered a Blackhawk from Bud's on Saturday. Picked it up at my FFL Wednesday.

Handloader109
03-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Bud's Guns

I'll second Buds. Just bought a RIA 1911 thru the store. Wasn't as fast as some on line stores, but there was a couple of days of bad weather in the area that slowed them down a but. I used cc and paid extra, don't feel comfortable with bank info andfirst time buyer. Good emails confirming stages. And good price. Line up LGS that will handle ffl exchange for reasonable fee,

J

Handloader109
03-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Galley of guns is a wholesaler, they are selling the dealer the gun, NOT you. You pay Your state sales tax as it is an instate transacted, not just a ffl transfer. Gog will be more expensive than most out of state sales because of this.

60kgunner
03-20-2015, 12:32 PM
I have bought about 6 guns from buds and never had a problem. Just bought a savage mkII from them last week. Order on Thursday and picked it up from my ffl the following Wednesday. They also offer a lifetime warranty from them on a lot of their guns. I bought a girsan 1911 that was $393 and I paid another $20 I think for the warranty. They will pay for the shipping both ways on the warranty. I also use slickguns.com to price compare different websites.

jonp
03-20-2015, 07:00 PM
I've used a couple of online stores besides Gun Auction and GunBroker.
Bud's was fine. They shipped within the estimated shipping time, barely, and the rifle was just what it was supposed to be.
CDNN was good.I got a screaming price on ar15 Mags from them and a firearm that was as it was pictured.
Gunbuyer had what I wanted at a price that could not be beat and free shipping to boot.
Grab A Gun had a great price and shipped within a reasonable time. No complaints.