PDA

View Full Version : How to order firearms 1 or 2 at a time ?

SteveInFL
03-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Hi,

I have an FFL however, more and more often my customers are asking if I can order a new rifle or handgun for them.

Is there a way to do this without being a "stocking dealer" ?

I remember many years ago the old fella that owned a hardware store and gas station could order one at a time and I'm sure he wasn't paying retail prices.

Thanks for any advice and/or guidance on this !

Steve

Rifle 57
03-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Yes you can order one at a time,but only from certain wholesalers. But a lot of the time I can find some on Gunbroker at just about the same price as my dealer prices. I think that stocking dealers get better prices because of volume orders.I have been getting some from Ron Shirk shooting supplies. I used to order from Jerrys Sports Center online but they stopped my online account a while back and I have not called them about it as of yet. Their is a few more but I can not recall them just yet.Also dont you get any fliers in the mail from any of the wholesalers? I also order A-R 15 rifles and parts direct from DPMS.
Loren

SteveInFL
03-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the info Loren, I'll check into those.

Yes, I have received flyers and brochures from some but I never thought to contact them to see what the minimum order required is, just assumed more than one or two. I'll try that, I have several on the wall in my shop. I'll pay closer attention to any new ones in the mail too.

Thanks again and please let me know if you think of the others,
Steve

Rifle 57
03-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Ok Steve will do.

sdcitizen
03-10-2015, 10:33 PM
FFL dealer in the area here orders most of his stuff one or two at a time. Doesn't appear to be any big issue.

Nobade
03-11-2015, 07:48 AM
We're set up with Ron Shirk and order one at a time frequently. Just got on file with Bud's Guns as well, they sell pretty much at dealer cost so are bad about undercutting the local dealer but often have guns nobody else does.

-Nobade

Geezer in NH
03-11-2015, 05:22 PM
I had an 07 manufacture's license , You are a manufacturer not a gunsmith no matter what BATF told you. Send your license to all the big wholesalers ones who want pictures and such NEVER buy form them.

You also get to buy loading components without the FET paid on them you must however pay the FET on what you sell unless it is to a .GOV ie a PD. Remember that % in your sale price.

Remember to pay the State Dept. money as a manufacturer YOU ARE Required to pay it on the first gun or round of ammo. It is not cheap but fail to pay is bad JUJU and say good by to any FFL from there.

But for $500 bucks for the SOT you get to make NFA items without permission as you tell them you made them.

Anyone selling ammo or cast Boolits have the same requirements. Nice laws we have to make you a felon huh?

Nobade
03-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Not quite right. A couple of years ago they changed the rules so an 07 can make 50 guns per year before you have to pay the FET. I make sure I keep it below that.

-Nobade

Rifle 57
03-11-2015, 08:11 PM
We're set up with Ron Shirk and order one at a time frequently. Just got on file with Bud's Guns as well, they sell pretty much at dealer cost so are bad about undercutting the local dealer but often have guns nobody else does.

-Nobade

Yes I have also bought from Buds Guns on Gunbroker and you can not hardly beat there prices.

bhop
04-19-2015, 05:46 AM
Acusport, Ellett brothers, rsr group, Davidsons all will let you buy ones and twos