PDA

View Full Version : Centerpoint scope

Bignutt
03-08-2015, 11:45 PM
I've got a 4-16 center point scope that I picked up and was thinking maybe it would work for an air gun scope? The gun is a rws 34 in 22 cal and I put a vortek kit in it that seems to work pretty good. Any one have good luck with this setup? I am also curious as to your luck with the vortek kit if anyone is using one, my seems to have smoothed out the gun but I'm not sure if my speed is where it belongs. If I recall I'm getting about 675 with the crosman 14 hp from walmrt. What mount are you guys running on these rifles also?

HARRYMPOPE
03-09-2015, 01:10 AM
the cp is pretty good airgun scope.i did vortek in the RWS 52 and it shot very well.Your speed is OK

ebner glocken
03-09-2015, 05:53 AM
The CP is a pretty decent scope for the money and the makers cover it for use on springers. I have blown out 2 of them but it did take LOTS of pellets through a springer to do it. Both were covered by crosman and new scopes were in the mailbox in a few days. What I'm trying to say is that I really don't think you can go wrong by getting one. They're pretty much my air gun go to scope.

Ebner

JonnyReb
03-11-2015, 06:14 PM
If you've got it and its not to long for the rifle then give it a try, as mentioned they are definitely springer rated but in my experience are huge scopes, heavy and long. Tough enough for the job though. I believe you'll BARELY be ok with medium rings but use high rings if your ordering them, just to be sure. Make sure to use a scope stop. Best of all is probably one of the one piece mounts sold by CP, they are tall enough for the 4x16 and have a built in stop. Inexpensive too, about 15.00 apprx.

TCLouis
03-11-2015, 10:44 PM
One piece mount is the ONLY way to go with a springer in my opinion

khmer6
03-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Damn. I didn't realize we had an air gun section. I just bought my first springer. Time to dive into old posts. Thanks guys :-)