PDA

View Full Version : 92' feed issue

Harter66
03-08-2015, 09:30 PM
I've been hassling with my Rosschester 45 Colts for 2-3 days off and on since starting a paper patch project for it.
It fed both Lee 452-255 rnfp and 452-252 Swc with a 360 nose fine. So it confused me when a slightly longer nosed but much smaller Keith wouldn't, at all. With dummies I adjusted length, taper crimp, roll crim, all the usual cuculprits. I resigned myself to just not being able to run the 429426 modified to drop at 448 by another owner. Withmsome coaching from another member here I tore it down and polished some parts and grooves. Still no joy,improved but not good enough. As a last effort I grabbed a Schofield case and stuffed a papered dummy in it, bang right through and in to the chamber and ejected properly inspite of the larger rim that should have gummed up the works. With the Star line Schofield brass feeding well I snagged a brand new Win stuffed it out at Casull length with another papered dummy. To my amazement after a small adjustment to the seated length so that it was happy in the elevator and mag it ran through fine also.

After all of that I grabbed a handful of some others that I had loaded for plinking in Remington brass and 2 flavors of Winchester and stuffed them randomly in the mag SWC RNFP and the dummies every 1 of the Rem hung up. I don't know if the brass is soft or what but that seems to have "fixed" the problem. As a plus the RBH doesn't seem to care about brass and the 200 I just bought can be cut down for wannabe AR in a 1917.

Bphunter
03-12-2015, 09:34 AM
I can't get keith style bullets to feed in any of my pistol cartridge lever actions ( Uberti 1873, Win 1873, or Win '92). In my case, it's the COL that causes the action to jam.